Chapter One

I sat there, thinking about life, and how awful it can be sometimes. I felt sick to my stomach. I needed to get some air. I stood up from my warm bed, and rustled through my belongings to find my slippers, trying my best not to wake Hermione. I then grabbed my Gryffindor robe and wrapped it around myself, and headed to the astronomy tower. It was my thinking place, the way I could escape from reality. As I climbed up the stairs, I felt the wind breeze go through my long, brown hair. As I reached the top, I heard a slight whimpering noise. Proceeding into the astronomy tower, I see a tall, platinum blonde man, who seems familiar. He turns around.
'D-Draco?' I say, clearing my throat.
He looks at me with his charmingly timid blue eyes, with tears on the verge of falling.
'Charlotte.' He says, his voice cracking by the moment.
I ask him why he is here, and he explains, as if he is panicking, that he needed some air. As much as I don't believe him, I agree and say how I felt incredibly poorly.
'I'm okay Charlotte, you may go if you please' he said, trying not to cry.
'Draco. I know you're not okay'

We sit down, and he doesn't say much. I ask him what's going on, and he mumbled something about Lucius Malfoy. I couldn't gather what he was trying to say, but I appreciated him talking to me about it. It was rare, a Slytherin, willing to talk to a Gryffindor. But something was different, I felt something whilst talking to Draco. Draco's cry turned into a sob, as I put his head on my lap, stroking his hair.

It felt different with Draco. I'm not sure how, or why, but I just knew. As I looked into his watering blue eyes, I felt something. I knew.