Chapter Two

It was the next day, and I was eating breakfast in the great hall with my friends, Ron, Hermione, and Harry. I felt a constant burst of excitement in me, but I knew I couldn't tell them, or they would disagree with what happened with me and Malfoy. I look up from my feast below me, to see Draco's pale blue eyes meet mine. He looked away as soon as we locked eyes.

As I stole a bit of bacon from Ron's plate, I felt as if I was being watched. I instantly looked at Draco, and to my surprise, he wasn't looking at me. Then I realised, my friends were. At me, then Draco.
'Charlotte...why is Malfoy staring at you?' Hermione said with a tone in her voice, as if she was about to get angry.
'Is he? That's...strange.' I replied, knowing how much of a bad liar I am.

Hermione squinted her eyes at me, before looking at Harry, who was staring into my soul. Ron was oblivious, as he was already eating his seventh sausage this morning. My friends didn't get along well with Draco. After he made fun of Ron for his financial issues, and Harry declined his request to be friends, they didn't get off to a good start at Hogwarts.

As the day went by, and it did very quickly, it fell to dusk. I went to my dormitory, and I heard footsteps approaching. I assumed they were Hermione's.
'Hello Hermione' I said, turned away from the door folding up my robe.
'Do I look like Hermione to you.' I heard a deep voice say.
I turned around, and to my surprise, Draco was stood in the doorway, leaning his arm up against the side of the door frame. I was happy to see him, but I played it cool.
'Hello, Draco.'
'I just wanted to thank you, for last night I mean. Not like it was a big deal, right'
'Right.'
I was disappointed that he didn't think of it as anything, but I would never let him see that.
'Glad we have that out of the way. Goodnight.'
'Night Malfoy'
He looked me up and down and then smirked. That look will be the end of me, it drives me crazy.

As I lay in my bed, Hermione's empty bed next to my own, I close my eyes. All I could think about is Draco. I wasn't thinking about Hermione. Or Ron. Or Harry. Just Draco. I couldn't help but think the worst, about the night on the astronomy tower. What would have happened if I didn't come up sooner? These thoughts remained in my head as my eyes slowly closed, drifting off into a deep sleep.

I was awoken by Hermione shaking me. Behind her stood Ron and Harry.
'Charlotte! Charlotte! Wake up! It's Draco. Somethings happened'