Chapter 7

I opened the envelope, and took out a perfectly folded letter and began to read.

My darling, Charlotte.
I apologise for not coming to meet you, however I don't think I could look into your eyes and tell you what I am about to.

I was forced to kill you, or he would kill me. I'm sorry Charlotte. I cannot, and will not, do that to you, so I am going to sacrifice myself. I'm sorry that we didn't get to spend the rest of our lives together, as we, or at least I, had hoped. I want you to take care of yourself, and be happy, wherever you end up in this cruel, yet beautiful world.

I remember you finding me on the astronomy tower, so I have brought you here, as it is where we first said hello, and now we say goodbye. I've learned a lot from you, these past months. As I'm writing to say goodbye to you in pain, I think about you. You were my reason for living, and you will continue to be so for all eternity. You made me believe in love, in illusion, in shared dreams, and although I may be in the clouds above, I will always be in your heart, as you in mine.
I may be gone from your sight, but I am never gone from your heart. I heard a quote somewhere. How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. It reminds me of you, Charlotte. You were always my safe place, the person I would go to when things where getting tough. I don't know if you knew, but that night on the astronomy tower, you saved my life, Charlotte.

Sometimes, when you love someone, you need to let them go. I thought that was bullshit, until I met you. I thought perhaps I would write in this letter, that I would come back, but I didn't want to give you false hope. I never thought our story would be over, but here we are. There were so many chapters that we didn't manage to write, and we may never get to finish our story. I hope you find your happy ever after, darling, I really do.

I love you.

Yours Truly, Draco.