Chapter 10 - Love

Present 

Rosalyn 

I had packed a huge bag with enough clothes to last more than two months because I was not sure when he would allow me to go home. I didn’t want to stay with him, but I had no other choice. I had to obey him whether I liked it or not. Neither did he give a shit about my likes or dislikes.

He is Travis Lizardo and he can do whatever he likes to do.

He is a man with a cruel heart and a vicious soul. I hate that he had this much power over me. Not only he ruled over my heart, but my soul. I hated that he made me feel helpless and pitiful.

I closed my eyes, thinking back to the day.

A day ago

“I want you!” He growled in my ear and my eyes shot open as anxiety overtook my chest.

No!

Immediately, I pushed him by his shoulder, tearing myself away from him. He stumbled back and a surprise registered his face. “Rosa..?” He rasped and wiped his mouth off through the back of his hand before reaching me out. “Rosa, listen..”

Before he could touch me, I instantly got off the table and backed off, maintaining an appropriate distance between us.

I don’t want him to touch me!

“Don’t…” I pleaded, “please don’t…!”

His expression hardened when he realized my words. “Why should we not! You happened to be mine, didn’t you? We were supposed to be together!” He growled and advanced on me. His jaw clenched harder when his eyes went to my belly. “You were supposed to be pregnant with my child! What’s stopping you! Why the fuck we are not together! Why! Is it because of Dave! Because you fucking love him! Because you fucked him! Or does he love you?” His eyes were staring at me like he would tear me down at any moment.

He had always been like that. He thought I abandoned him because I love Dave. God! He didn't even remember what he did to me that night. He had no clue!

“Answer me!” I jolted when Travis barked. “Why the fuck are you doing this?”

“Because…..” I let out a shaky breath. “Because I don’t want to be with you any longer, Travis. I’m just tired of your unruly emotions. I’m tired of your violence. I’m tired of everything. How long will it last? How long will you keep me like this? Truth is that you don’t know how to be human. You threaten people. You hurt them. You are cruel and most important…” I held back my tears, swallowing hard, “you have never loved me once, Travis.”

Hurt flickered in his eyes, but he quickly brushed it away.

“We will never be together...”

“I don’t accept it!” Travis cut me off. “I don’t fucking accept it and I will never! I want you back. I don’t give a fuck you’re pregnant. You’ll be staying with me at my house. You’ll be staying here.”

My eyes grew wide in shock. “No!” I shook my head, stepping back. “No!!”

Stepping up to me, he grabbed my jaw snarling, “we’re not equal yet, Rosalyn Capone. There are still a lot of things to be done.” He jerked my head up to meet his terrified eyes. “You don’t have any fucking idea what the last three months had been like for me. I want you to pay.”

“I won’t be staying with you!” I gritted.

His grip loosened around my jaw as he laughed dryly, which made my hair stand up on the back of my neck. “Do you think I will let you go this time? Do you think I’ll be sitting like a decent man and doing nothing to my betrayer? You had seen my cruelty, Rosa. I kill people with a snap of my fingers and how I supposed to leave someone who brought me nothing but shame? You humiliated me in front of my guests on the day of our wedding. Do you think I’ll let you go unharmed this time?”