Chapter 12 - Sam

Rosalyn

Present

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the ground floor. I took out my inhaler and took a few puffs, releasing from tightness in my chest. I drew a deep breath and closed my eyes, leaning against the wall. I didn't want to go back to Travis. I knew he was doing all this to get his revenge. My rejection had wound his pride, and he was going to heal his pride by torturing me. I knew how would he torture me.

The elevator ding opened and grabbed my attention. I swallowed and stepped out of it. The moment I walked out of the building, I spotted Travis's black jeep. He got out of it when he found me coming. An evil smirk formed his lips as he walked over to me. My jaw flexed as I clutched the strap of the bag, wanting nothing more than to claw his handsome face.

"My baby," he said and took off his sunglasses, letting me see his evil eyes. The next moment, he pulled me into a hug as showing the public his fake affection towards his fiancée. "Why the fuck are you scowling at me? Wipe your ugly scowl off and smile. Can't you see paparazzi snapping at us?" Travis hissed in my ear.

I looked around us and found a couple of paparazzi who were taking our pictures. Oh, God! I forgot how famous my fiancé was in the country!

I pulled myself back and gave him a frosty look. "I have not been with you for over ten minutes and you are ordering me around!"

His jaw clenched as he tightened his grip around my hand in warning. I winced. "I can make your life harder, baby. You are making me angry now!"

"Get off me!" I growled quietly and snatched my hand from his grip and made my way to his jeep.

"Travis Lizardo!" Someone called out from behind. I turned around and saw a man in a gray suit. He looked to be in his late thirties. I glanced at Travis, whose body tensed next to me.

"Michael...." Travis spoke wryly.

The man glanced at me briefly. "She is the one who ran away on the day of your wedding, right? What a pity!" He sneered and eyed my protruding belly. "I heard she is pregnant with someone else's child. Do you still want that whore...!"

"Fucker!!" Travis hissed and lunged at him and grabbed him by his collar before throwing a few punches right into his face.

Oh my God!

I looked around as people were gathering around us and watching them. I instantly approached them and tried to tear Travis away from that man, but he didn't let him go and kept hitting him like a punching bag.

Before he could kill him I cried out, "Travis stop!"

The man collapsed on the ground and curled up into a ball when Travis kicked his gut hard.

"Travis, please stop!!" I begged, and grabbed his hand to stop him. Finally, he let him go and grabbed my hand firmly before dragging me to his jeep. He opened the door and shoved me inside. After a moment, he got inside.

His hands were gripping the steering wheel so hard that it caused his knuckles to turn white. I could see the stain of blood on his hand. His chest, shoulders heaved as he breathed hard. He closed his eyes and leaned against the wheel for a few moments.

"Travis..."

Before I could speak further. He straightened and gripped my chin with his fingers, forcing me to look into his hostile eyes. "Shh!! Don't speak if you don't want to get in trouble!" he hissed, and I swallowed my heart hammered in my chest. "Understood?"