Chapter 13 - Enoch

Ten Years Ago

Rosalyn 

“How are your studies going?” Rowan asked while driving me to the school. “I bet you’ve made a lot of friends.”

I forced a smile, hiding my disappointment. “It’s going good,” I mumbled and looked down at my joint hands resting on my lap.

“Only good?” I could hear the surprise in my brother’s voice. “You’re a genius student, Rosa. Why do you sound lazy?”

I closed my eyes for a moment, remembering yesterday’s happening in the school. How Travis found out about my plan, how he humiliated me, and how he touched me shamelessly. How would I be able to concentrate on my studies when he had grabbed all my attention? There was not a single day when I didn’t think of ways to teach him a lesson.

“Rosa..” My brother’s voice interrupted my thoughts and made me look at him. “You seemed distracted by something. Is there something you want to share with me? Is everything alright in school? Is anyone bothering you?”

I frowned. “I think your work has stressed you out. That’s why your head is filling with these stupid questions. I’m not distracted, I don’t want to share anything with you and no one is bothering me, okay!”

Rowan halted the car in front of the school. “I don’t know about my work, but you stress me a lot,” Rowan huffed.

I unfastened my seatbelt, giving him a half-smile. “Thank you for the ride, brother.” And I climbed off.

“When will I pick you up?”

“I’ll text you when I’m free.”

He nodded. “Take care of yourself, Rosa.”

I smiled and gave him a nod before heading to school.

Unfortunately, I spotted Travis and a blonde making out in his jeep in the parking lot. His hands all over her, groping every part of her body. And on the other side, the girl couldn’t resist him, sucking his mouth like he was an oxygen cylinder.

Ugh! My nose crinkled in disgust. He looked like a sex-machine. 

“Are you coming to Neil’s place this weekend?” I heard Ian’s voice from behind. I turned around and found him with Ava and Sarah.

“Yup, we’re coming,” Ava and Sarah spoke out simultaneously and giggled.

I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll pick you at 8 then,” Ian said.

“At Sarah’s place.” Ava smiled and held out her hands. “What do you think about my new nail polish?” 

Ian grabbed her hands and kissed them. “So beautiful.” He winked, smirking.

Sarah slapped Ian’s shoulder playfully, laughing. “You’ll never change, prick! You’ve had every girl in this school.”

“Except for one.” Ian turned his head at me, and I instantly looked away.

“Uh..are you talking about her?” Sarah spoke out. I could feel displeasure in her voice.

“She doesn’t even know the difference between a skirt and shorts.” Ava rolled her eyes, pushing her smooth golden hair behind her shoulder. “I just don’t like her dressing sense. She’s awful.”

“She must buy her clothes from thrift shops,” Sarah commented, and they laughed. 

My jaw clenched as my hands balled into fists, wanting nothing more than to pull those bitches’ hair.