Chapter 2 - Fear

Present

After three months

Rosalyn

Did he still remember me or did he forget everything about me? I knew he must have heard the news about my pregnancy, but he didn't even react. A small part of me wanted him back, but my fear was more powerful than my love. Travis Lizardo had never been a gentleman and loving man, but violent. He was a fearsome, cruel, and impatient man. Who would want to fall in love with him but me? Because I knew what he had been through, but still it didn't justify his behavior.

Four months ago everything was going well between us until I saw his other side, his beast's side. How merciless he was that night. My blood went cold whenever I thought about it.

I was happy that I had run away from him on the day of our wedding.

"Now, he is dating one of the Hollywood actresses. She is his twelfth," Avika said from behind me. I heard her footsteps coming closer, and the next moment she stood next to me on the balcony. "He has dated several women in the last three months, but he doesn't have time to see you at once."

I didn't want to see him!

"I thought he loved you," she whispered.

"He doesn't love me and he will never love me. He told me this." I sighed and turned to my assistant. "How is Mr. Watson's presentation going? Have you set everything?"

She nodded and handed me over a file. "I set everything except for a few things. I assume you want to check it out."

I nodded, smiling. "Thank you, Avika. Now you may go."

She frowned. "I'm coming with you. I'm your assistant."

"No, you can't.."

"Rosa, you can't go to Las Vegas all by yourself, can you?" I opened my mouth to speak, but she cut me off. "I'm coming. That's final."

"You're stubborn."

"Same to you." She giggled.

**********

I glanced through the car window at the busy street of Las Vegas. Las Vegas? A shiver ran down my spine when his face flashed in my head. This city was his home. I closed my eyes, and suddenly, my breath quickened. I chewed the corner of my lip and slipped my hand into the pocket of my coat and dragged out a beautiful ring. The biggest diamond ring I had ever seen. It was our engagement ring. I didn't wear it, but I always kept it with me. I didn't know why. Maybe it made me feel I was engaged, or I was someone's or I was his?

It had been four months since that night. The night...

Why did those horrible scenes come into my head repeatedly?

"Do you want me?" He asked while playing with the strap of my dress.

"Tomorrow is our wedding, Travis," I mumbled as my heartbeat rose in my chest and butterflies erupted in my tummy.

"And our wedding night," he whispered, coming closer to me, his warm breath fanning across my face.

So warm. I closed my eyes, feeling him, his touch, and his scent.

"Look at me," he demanded and slipped his hand under my chin and tipped it up, staring into my eyes and something flickered in them.

I frowned.

He leaned forward and was about to capture my lips, but instead, he shoved me back down to the bed and climbed on top of me.

And that was the moment I realized something was off!