Chapter 15 - Scream

Present

Rosalyn

The sounds flooded into my brain, agonizing and screeching sounds. The sound made my blood run cold. It was a painful voice as if someone was crying in terror. Someone was screaming in pain. What was going on? Who was she? And why she was calling Travis's name.

I gasped and shot my eyes open when I realized what it was.

Nightmares!

I sat up in bed and looked around. I frowned when I found myself in a different place. This is not my house! The room was dark but I could make things through moonlight coming through the window. And the realization hit me: I was at Travis's place.

I jumped out of the bed and grabbed the bottle of water sitting on the nightstand. I uncapped it and brought it to my mouth, but nothing came out because it was empty. I needed water because my throat was dry. I walked out of the room. The hallway was dark and deathly silent. I swallowed and stepped out and peered over the banister.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard a rough bang on the door. I gripped the railing and gasped. Who was there?

"Travis..." I stammered."Is that you?"

Ahh!!!

My body shuddered when a woman's voice screaming echoed in the mansion. Now my heart throbbed harder. I didn't know who was crying this late at night, but this crying was coming from one of the rooms on the top floor.

"Travis!!" I called him out. "I know this is your other game!!" I didn't even know if he was here or not.

The house seemed empty as if no one was living here. I walked downstairs and went into the living room. "Travis!!" I yelled and clenched my trembling hands into fists. "I know you're playing games!!"

Ahhhh!!

My breath shook in terror when I heard another scream. Her crying was loud and painful. Who was she?

"Travis!" I forced a lump in my throat. When I heard footsteps from above, I shot my eyes up on the second floor and spotted a moving shadow. I placed my hand on my chest, feeling my wild heartbeats. I knew they would play their old games. And they were playing with me.

I stepped into the kitchen and switched the light on and felt a tiny relief in my chest when lights illuminated the room. I hate the dark.

'I love the dark, Rosa. It helps me to hide my grief and fear. Nobody'll see you if you stay in the dark. And....'

I shook away Travis's thoughts and walked to the refrigerator and took out a bottle of water. Pouring water into the glass, I downed it at once. I felt relieved after getting rid of my dry throat.

"Rosalyn!!" A deep voice said and suddenly, a shadow appeared behind me. "I should be strong!" I whispered and spun around and watched a dark figure, strolling towards me. "Travis!!" Cold sweat trickled down my back as I watched that man coming closer to me. I wasn't able to see his face because of the black hoodie. "I'm not afraid of you!!" I shouted. "Do you hear me! I'm not afraid of you!"

He kept striding towards me. I backed away. My heartbeat was so fast that I thought I might faint down. "Go away!!" I yelled.

The next moment he shot out his hand and wrapped it around my neck and gave me a hard squeeze. I winced and instantly threw my hands and grabbed him, trying to break myself free from his grasp. Tears gathered in my eyes as he was strangling me. If he continued doing this, I would be blackout at any moment.

"G...go.." I tried to speak, but he clamped my mouth with his free hand and shut me. He was not Travis! He would never do this to me. He could be brutal but he would never.....he was someone else! I gasped and tried to fill my lungs with air.