6 - Neon

The day had arrived after 72 hours of waiting. The escape.

Kun was taken out of his cell and guided to the building that stood in front of the entrance to the island. It was well known as the 'Showcase Chamber'.

There were seven cells. Three were empty. As Kun shuffled down the triangular shaped corridor, he saw a few familiar faces.

The prince, the blonde, the neon kid and - of course - his younger brother. They all watched him as he was taken to an empty cell far away from the others. One of the guards placed their access card on the scanner and the glass door sank into the ground.

Kun's handcuffs were removed and he walked into the cell without argument or protest. As soon as the door reached the tip, a barcode and his prison code stained the glass barrier with black ink.

There was complete silence after the departure of the guards. The youngest of them all turned his back to those on the other side of the corridor and took out a large red crayon. He put his hand directly in front of him and moved it up and down.

The others remained standing other than the prince, who sat himself down and leaned on the concrete wall. He closed his eyes and lightly banged his head against the wall. He seemed to have slight shivers and his hair was quite damp.

Fortunately, there was no need for him to anticipate the next time he'd be punished for misbehaviour. That long period of unjust treatment was coming to an end.

The blonde prisoner - whom Dejun had taken Kun and Ten to see - leaned on the wall, staring at his hands in deep thought. His finger occasionally traced a line that stood just above the knuckle of his ring finger.

His brother leaned on the glass door with his forehead resting on his forearm. His tongue often swiped over his sharp canines as his fingers tapped the barrier in attempt to block out his boredom.

The clink of keys resonated down the triangular halls, gaining the attention of the prisoners. With light yet attention catching steps, two people made their way to the cells.

A warden walked ahead with his head held high - too prideful, everyone resented him - whilst the man next to him looked around with unapologetic curiosity. His green and yellow hair was dampened but it seemed to bounce regardless of his subtle movements.

Ten could never fail to surprise.

"Ten will return in three days as an inspector

"Ten will return in three days as an inspector." Dejun explained, cleaning Kun's fresh wounds. "Once the lights shut down, that'll be your signal to change into the clothes hidden in the wall. After that, head to the dining hall for your next instructions."

They sat near the edge of the cliff with no guards in sight. Dejun had requested for Kun to be taken outside to get some fresh air and allow his wounds to heal properly. The wardens, of course, allowed this without protest since they knew of Dejun's skill and the patients he had treated.