3. Acceptance

This concept doesn't get much easier, nor is this a good read for anyone planning to keep within their comfort zone or stay unchanged.

Acceptance. It is when you get the stamp of approval. The motion of people going, "You know what. You're okay."

We all want acceptance, quite like we all need fulfilment. It's just our thing.

We want to know that people think we're okay, because if they don't, we're clearly not okay, and that's, well...that's not okay, I guess.

Now here's Katherine. Katherine is a dedicated 5SOS fan. She knows every fact, song, lyric and face on point and she has now created a "fellowship" of fangirls of her friends. She has taught them deliberately and precisely, but Katherine has a problem.

Katherine has taken the fangirling too far and is losing touch with God. She doesn't know it until after all of her friends are at the same point and when she finally realises it and detoxes* her friends cannot see any problems in their lifestyles.

What should Katherine do? If Katherine tells her friends what she knows, she might not be accepted anymore.

—This is sounding more and more like a Life Skills lesson by the minute...—

So, interrupting her detox session, Katherine pretends to be exactly the same. Her detox goes to waste. She creeps back into her old habits, or at least influences her friends negatively or just does more damage.

Katherine feels bad. What is Katherine to do?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
MAN UP, THAT'S WHAT!!!

It's important to be honest in situations like this and remember that your friends love you for your awesomeness, not your fandom. If that isn't the case, you should not have that friend.

Also, we seem to forget that our friends can be addicted. Yes, addicted. It will be a difficult pill to swallow, but a very necessary one. If you explain slowly and kindly (or even, ya know, show them the book...) they may see a point and do a detox.

*Now, a detox is something that I like to do regularly. You cut out anything that you worry about becoming an obsession for a fews days or weeks depending on how dire the situation. I will take specific fandoms out of my playlists, thoughts and DVD players every once in a while to insure that I  don't become dependant on it or yearn for it. If you become dependant on something it becomes a habit and habit tends to become an addition if tended regularly. I prefer to avoid the latter. It is one thing to enjoy something and another to need it.

Right about now, if you're making excuses, somehow justifying dependance or just saying, "Well, I don't care. I won't go to Hell or anything. I still talk to God now and then. It's not as if a stupid book can change anything. I'll still do it," you can be sure that you are addicted. Detoxing would be a good idea 'round about now.*

My advice to Katherine is to share her new beliefs diplomatically and comfortably. Leading by example is also a good strategy as always. If your friends notice something different (which should happen) you can slowly convince them. Pressure is the WORST approach that you could take right off the bat. Avoid it as much as possible!

If you struggle with being accepted, I'd love to talk to you. I will gladly give anyone that needs it or wants advice.

God bless and remember:

MAN UP!

Detox

And lead by example and less by words.