XXXVII

"We came as soon as Gusion brought the news from your brother." Silvanna told Guinevere as they strolled the castle grounds.

Odette nodded in agreement. The two princesses just had a serious talk with the king and Guinevere thought it would be great if she'd give them a tour of their castle.

Lancelot, Gusion, Gareth, and the rather intimidating guy from earlier, Granger, stayed in the throne room.

"Oh my engagement." Guinevere replied with a smile.

"Yes. And he told us that it'll make you miserable if you push through with this engagement." Odette added.

Guinevere frowned, "Miserable? Why would I be?"

Odette and Silvanna paused in confusion. Guinevere also stopped in her tracks and turned to them fully.

"Because you're not in love with the heir of the Paxleys." Silvanna answered.

Guinevere chuckled, "That was before...but now I think I am."

Odette frowned, "You think you are?"

Guinevere nodded, "Well we got to spend time together these past few days and he's not so bad."

"Pardon me but I thought you and Granger shared something special." Silvanna pointed out.

Guinevere blinked and raised a brow of surprise, "Granger? The man you came here with? That man who wore a chevalier medal?"

Silvanna and Odette exchanged a worried look before turning back to Guinevere.

"Why do you speak of him like you never knew him?" Silvanna asked.

Guinevere chuckled nervously, "Because....I never knew him? We never spoke when I was there in Castle Atlas."

Silvanna was taken aback, remembering quite well how Alucard told her that he spent a day out in the town with Granger and Guinevere and that he decided to excuse himself to give way for Granger to make his move.

Lancelot was right. Something was wrong. Earlier in the throne room while they wated for King Alfred's arrival, Lancelot spoke privately with her. Silvanna recalled how troubled Lancelot looked as he narrated his observations on his sister and that of the Queen Beatrice.

Odette looked to Silvanna as she stayed quiet for a while making Guinevere confused as ever. Odette knew nothing about Granger and Guinevere for her soon to be sister-in-law shared nothing to her about her romantic side.

Silvanna regained her composure and made a mental note that she talk to Lancelot and Granger after this tour.

"Pardon me. I must be out of my mind."

Guinevere smiled, "You must be tired, I'll show you to your room?"

Silvanna shook her head, "No, I'd like to see more of your wonderful home."

Guinevere grinned and turned to lead the way.

Silvanna turned to Odette and whispered, "Something's not right with the Princess."

Odette nodded, "I figured as much."

~•°•~

Granger tried to look composed but Lancelot could tell he was very much confused and bothered.

Lancelot watched as his father conversed with the Paxleys before he cleared his throat to catch Gusion and Granger's attentions.

He nodded his head towards the door and walked ahead. Sure enough the two followed him. Gusion looked back for a bit only to see Gareth watching him. His brother stood behind their mother as she talked to king Alfred.

Once they got a few distance away from the throne room, Lancelot turned to Gusion.

"What does your mother do?"

Gusion frowned in confusion, "What?"

Granger stayed quiet as he looked between the two, wondering what this was all about.

"Granger, you spent time with my sister back in Castle Atlas, correct?" Lancelot turned to Granger this time.

The demon hunter nodded, "Yes, why?"

Lancelot nodded, "You love her, don't you?"

Gusion's eyes widened at the question before he turned to Granger in curiosity. Was that why his mother glared at him that much? But why would she know?

Granger stared at Lancelot for a while before letting out a sigh, "Yes."

Lancelot smirked while Gusion frowned. He didn't know why he disliked the idea of someone else loving Guinevere. Perhaps he developed an affection towards her unknowingly? He wasn't sure.

"Now, my theory is that my sister has been placed under some sort of spell." Lancelot said to them.

Gusion looked up at him in shock while Granger frowned.

"I asked her about Granger the night before and she told me she didn't know you. All of that happened after Queen Beatrice allegedly found her unconscious in the garden during her engagement ball."

Gusion didn't like it. He was well aware of what his mother was capable of.

"My mother must've tampered with her memories. She's good at mind reading and mind control." Gusion answered.

Granger was outraged, "So that's why she looked at me like I was a stranger earlier."

Gusion turned to him and nodded, "There's no doubt about it. My mother used her magic on her."

Lancelot took in a deep breath, "How can we reverse it?"

Gusion frowned in concentration, trying to recall just how far her capabilities went. He wasn't that close with his mother but he's seen her do this to some disobedient servants before.

"She's very powerful and something very powerful in return can undo her magic. Something that would trigger Guinevere's memories of Granger."

Granger frowned, lost.

"What are you on about?"

Gusion turned to him and sighed, "Was there anything you've given to her that might be so close to her heart? She must have treasured it?"

Lancelot turned to Granger.

Granger thought for a moment. Something he's given her? He was too poor to give her anything decent but then...that hair clip.

"Yes. I gave her this butterfly hair clip." Granger answered.

Lancelot nodded, "I believe it's in her room."

Gusion nodded, "If you give it to her again, maybe that'll break the spell."

Granger stared at Gusion incredulously, "Maybe?"

Gusion sighed, "I wasn't close to my mother. It's just my theory."

"That's better than nothing. Let's go then." Lancelot replied.

---------------------------------------------

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES, BEEN BUSY WITH THE HOLIDAYS! HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT DAY! THANK YOU FOR THE CONTINUOUS SUPPORT! I LOVE YOU ALL!