LII

The sun was up and the weather was wonderful. They got to Castle Gorge before lunch and Derek was more than happy at the arrival of his beloved Aunt and Uncle.

Lancelot and Odette welcomed the two happily and was joined by the former King just moments later.

"My Daughter! I'm so happy you've come by! I was actually planning on visiting you two myself this afternoon."

Guinevere laughed and gave him a hug, "I missed you too, father."

They gathered in the dining hall to have lunch and there Derek started to talk to Guinevere and Granger about how his lessons in fencing and swordsmanship was going.

"He took after his old man, after all." Lancelot said proudly.

King Alfred chuckled while Guinevere smirked.

"Oh I agree you're getting old, brother."

Odette laughed softly while Granger chuckled in amusement. Just a normal sibling banter.

"Oh yeah? Well you better give me a nephew or a niece and father wants a grandchild from the two of you as well." Lancelot retorted.

This made Odette pause and Guinevere stiffen. Granger blinked and continued to chuckle.

"When are you planning to have a child anyway?" Alfred asked in curiosity.

"Father..."

"We're still not quite ready to become parents I believe." Granger interjected.

This made Odette raise a brow before glancing over at Guinevere who was staring at Granger.

What he just said only made her even more afraid to tell him. Regardless whether or not she's with her family. He said so himself, they weren't ready.

"Aunt Guinevere?"

Everyone then turned to Derek. Guinevere managed to give him a small smile, trying her best to mask her true emotions, "Yes, darling?"

"Do you know someone called Gusion?" He asked her.

Granger raised a brow at his name while Guinevere blinked in utter shock.

"Well he's good friend of mine, what about him?" She asked him gently.

Derek pursed his lips, "I saw him in my dream last night and he said his name was Gusion and he'll be coming back..."

Lancelot chuckled, "I almost forgot he existed. He's never stopped by since three years ago, huh?"

Granger wasn't sure if he should be happy by the mention of this man nor the possibility of his return. He then felt stupid to still even feel so negatively of him when there's no chance he'll have Guinevere at all anymore.

"Derek, son. Have you ever dreamt of grandpa having more grandchildren?" Alfred asked his grandson with a chuckle.

After lunch, the family decided to spend the afternoon in the garden for some fresh air but Lancelot had to excuse himself to attend to his duties as King.

"I thought we had an agreement, Guinevere?" Odette asked Guinevere in a hushed tone as they watched Derek fly his kite.

Granger was helping him keeping the toy up in the air while Alfred was talking to the two about his own experiences with kites when he was young.

Guinevere bit her lip, "But I think I made the right decision of not telling him yet...you heard what he said."

Odette sighed and shook her head, "I know but I think he only said that because he thought that was what you thought too. It would have been a different case if he knew you're already pregnant."

Guinevere shook her head, "He's invested with his duties in Castle Atlas. He said he wanted to make his own name and I think having a child would complicate things."

Odette raised a brow, "What's his recent duty?"

"We'll be going to Eruditio. Silvanna sent him and Harith as representatives to make alliance." Guinevere replied, gazing over to the three a few distance away from them.

"We? Don't tell me you're going with them. Eruditio is so far away. The trip might harm you and your child." Odette nagged.

Guinevere sighed, "I'm sure it'll be fine."