Thin Line between Hate and Love (SunaHina)

Requested by:firery_vrx

Suna's POV

Since the match against Karasuno,my mind has been occupied by that little tangerine. To be honest,I despise him. He is so annoying and unpredictable. I hate that about him. He is always energetic and chaotic exactly my opposite. So it justifies my hatred towards him.

It is our winter break now and I am going to visit my uncle in Miyagi(let's just assume his uncle lives in Miyagi). My uncle came to receive me at the station and we reached his house. This is my uncle's new house and it's my first time coming here. After unpacking,I went out to the balcony to get some fresh air.

BOOM! CRASH!!!

I swiftly looked down to see a small boy tumbled on his belly and a smaller girl sitting on top of him. I sweat dropped and wondered if he was okay or not. But I am too lazy to go down. The little girl got up and said worriedly,"Nii-chan?! Are you alive? Ahh! Are you okay?" The boy shook his head and said,"Natsu, I think you killed me." His voice is somewhat familiar. The little girl,I think Natsu, said panicking,"Nii-chaaaaannn! Don't die on me. You still have to play in the Nationals. Tobio-niichan and Daichi-san will kill me if you can't play!"

Oh! Is he who I think he is? Thats when my doubt was cleared. The orange haired boy stood up smiling that familiar smile and said,"Haha! I am fine Natsu. Of course I can play!" I looked at him shocked. Eek! I hope he doesn't see me. I should leave but my legs won't move cause deep down I know I want him to see me. His eyes wandered up to me and stopped for a moment. Then it widened realising whom he is seeing. He almost yelled," Aaah! It's Bendy Blocker-san!!"

Bendy what now?! Natsu looked confused and Hinata looked shocked and I am shocked at the name. Being insulted,I stomped downstairs and out into the backyard. Hinata came running to me and said,"Did you transfer yo Miyagi? Is your whole team here?" I looked at him annoyed. Thats the first thing he asks when he doesn't even know my name. And here I am thinking about him and how much I hate him. He looked at me curiously and I said,"Huff,firstly my name is Suna Rintaro and not Bendy.... something. Second,no I am just visiting my uncle here in Miyagi. Third,I came alone."

He said,"Ah oh ok! Thanks for talking Suna-san. Its nice to meet you." He looks excited and asked,"Can you teach me how to block Suna-san?" I said lazily,"Nah,I am lazy. It's too much work. It's my vacation I won't play." His smile dropped for a few seconds but he again smiled and said,"Ah then I am sorry to disrupt you during your vacation. Sorry I will leave now."

Was I too rude just now? Well who cares!? At night,I had dinner and went to the balcony again to facetime the twins but I noticed that Hinata is still practicing with his volleyball. Well let him do whatever he wants. I called the twins and chatted with them for awhile when suddenly again a loud noise was heard. I looked back and saw that Hinata was laying face first on his room's floor. Does he love the floor so much? Then I heard Natsu shouting and yelling. It's becoming very annoying. I ended the call with the twins and called Hinata through the window. He came up and I said,"Can you please keep it down a bit? I am trying to sleep." His eyes widened and he nodded but his permanent smile is not there.

Yap,I went too far. I shouldn't have called him out like that. He has been avoiding me like a plague. Whenever we crossed paths,he would just power walk in the opposite direction.p and for some reason it hurt very much. I wanna apologise. So,today I went to their house and knocked on the door. A woman with orange hair opened the door. I think it's his mom. She called,"Shoyō, your friend is here." I heard footsteps and heard him say," Kageyama you are early. But that's go-" He stood still when he saw it is me. He looked down and asked,"Can I help you Suna-san?" I said,"Umm... I wanna talk to you." He nodded and welcomed me to his room.

I sat on his bed beside him. He sat beside me fiddling with his hands. I started,"Um.. Hinata,I want to apologise for being so rude and impolite towards you. I am really sorry. I indirectly took out my frustrations on you but you never complained and kept on listening to my rude orders. The match against you guys was the last match with our third years we wanted to win. So...." Out of nowhere,a pair of small hands hugged my waist. I looked down to see the little tangerine burying his face in my chest. He said,"I know,I understand. I am sorry,if that helps. I really just wanted to be friends with you. I never imagined it will make you feel like that."

Oof,that hit right home. He looked sad and said,"It's okay. I will not bother you again Suna-san. I was so inconsiderate. I am sorry." No wait. Tf is going on? It's not at all going according to my plan. I thought he would be my friend or more? after this. He pulled back and got up to leave. My hands automatically pulled him back. I hugged his waist and said,"Why are you apologising idiot? I am the one who is sorry. I wanna be your friend or more if you want!?" I looked up to see him blushing like a tomato. Aha so cute. He turned around and said shyly,"I....I-um. I was so desparate to be your friend because I found you very pretty and cool Suna-san." Now I started blushing. I said,"Well my baby tangerine,then will you go out with me?" He nodded and I smile.

There's truly a very thin line between love and hate. I used to hate this lil shrimp with all my brain but when I met him again,I fell for him fast and hard. He is so innocent,angel-like and cute.

Timeskip.........

I have been dating Hinata for awhile now. Nobody in my team knows because we like it that way. They would make a huge deal outta it. Today,we have got a practice match against Karasuno. I really wanna meet my boyfriend. Face timing isn't enough. I wanna physically touch and feel him.

I am currently waiting for the Karasuno bus to reach at our school. The twins are also with me for some reason. Finally the bus came and I scanned the people inside and saw my baby tangerine sleeping peacefully. I smiled and saw Kageyama wake him up. He got up and rushed out of the bus and stopped in his tracks when our eyes met. He smiled and blushed.....

To be continued..................

A/n

There will be a part 2 which will be smut. This chapter bis shit Ik. But I can't think of any interaction between Suna and our baby crow. So yeah,let's just bear through it.

Stay safe healthy and socially distanced.

Author out 👁️👄👁️