Chapter 2

((WARNING! Gory and violent things ahead. Be careful while reading or skip the part))

          After about three hours of beating, Mrs. Scottie left me in the room. I laid on the floor, covered in blood and new cuts that'll make even more scars. I didn't cry. I don't really show emotions anymore. I stared at the ceiling more. I heard the A/C going loudly. There was a little creak by me, so I looked up. There was Sally. She stared at my cuts and asked, "Why don't you fight back? You did with the kid in the kitchen."
          I shrugged. She stared at me more and said, "I have to go. Goodbye, Marie."
          I looked at her. I never told her my name. "How-," I started to ask before she disappeared before my eyes.
          I rubbed my eyes to make sure I saw correctly. She disappeared. Out of thin air. How? I stared at where she stood and shook my head. I probably imagined it. She could be a very fast runner. Yes, that's it. I got up and started to clean up the blood on the floor and my cuts. The blue blood stained carpet was now stained with even more red. When I finished, I realized it was already nine PM and it was the orphanage bedtime. I laid on the bed and looked out the window. The full moon shined so bright against the star filled sky.
          I started making out constellations I know. I was on the Big Dipper when I suddenly heard someone say, "Kill everyone..."
          I turned to see no one in my room. I looked back at the sky and heard it again. I looked to my dark empty room and whispered, "Who is it?"
          A voice of a little boy said, "Kill everyone... They deserve to die..."
          I turned the light on. No one's in here but me. I know what's going on. It's the voices in my head. Why are they kids, though? A little girl's voice said, "No one loves you... Kill them..."
          I stared at my door and realized something. The kids were right. I'm alone in the world. No one cares about me. I'm either abandoned or beaten. The voices are right. They must die. I started walking out my room. The first place I went was the garden shed. I grabbed the ax that was used for firewood. It's rusty and it doesn't cut cleanly. Perfect for the people to agonize. I also grabbed the rope and duct tape. I walked back in and went to the kitchen. I grabbed the lighter, cooking oil, lemon juice, and cooking wine and walked into Mrs. Scottie's room. Fast asleep. That's no fun. I tried her to her bed and taped her eyes so that they stayed open. She woke up and was about to scream when I covered her mouth. "Don't worry," I whispered as I stared into her wet eyes, "You're supposed to feel the pain, sweetheart."

((Gory and violent part starting now. Skip if want to.))

          I lifted the ax over my head and sliced her stomach almost in half. She screamed in pain as I lifted the ax again. Good thing the walls are sound proof.I chopped her leg so that it hung off a piece of skin. I looked at her face. She had tears down her face. I wiped one away and said, "Now, it's time for the final act!"
          I poured some of the lemon juice on her. She screamed from the stingy sensation. I poured some of the oil and wine after that and turned the lighter on. "Now you'll see a behind the scene feeling of Hell, bitch," I whispered and I lit her on fire.
          She screamed and cried loudly. I walked out and poured the some of the liquids in front of Mikey's room and poured the rest in the lobby. I lit it on fire and ran out. I saw the whole building burn in front of my eyes. It looked nice against the sky.

((Gory part over. You may continue.))

          I heard sirens in the distance and started running. I ran until I can't hear the sirens anymore. I stopped by the park and walked to the woods. I sat by the trees and took a breath. "That was fun," I said between breaths.
          I suddenly heard a girl's voice say, "Fun to watch, too."
          I turned to see Sally and a lot of other people there. The most noticeable one was a tall man in a suit. He had no face at all. I looked at Sally and asked, "What do you want, Sally? You gonna turn me in?"
          The man in the suit replied, "No, child. In fact, we're here to take you home."
          I looked at him. "I burned it down," I calmly said.
          A guy in a white good with no eyelids said, "No, idiot. You're coming home with us. We're adopting you."
          I glared at him. Asshole. The man in the suit coughed and said, "Yes. We're adopting you. Unless you don't want to be adopted by killers."
          The man stuck out his hand. I looked at his hand. I felt something come to me that haven't came in over ten years. A smile. "Why would I not want to be adopted by killers?" I asked as I took his hand.
          Sally smiled and said, "Welcome to the family, Marie Valkyrie."