Narcissus

Narcissus 🌼 daffodils 🌼

Daffodils are some of the first flowers we see in springtime and are a great indicator that winter is over. Because of this, they are seen to represent rebirth and new beginnings ..

》The Greek myth about the narcissus flower is a cautionary tale about the imperfections of humans .

Narcissus had the looks to make any Greek god jealous and in his neighborhood he was considered quite the catch , all the village girls dreamed of being the one to take his fancy.

Narcissus had no time for girls ; he was too taken up with himself and scorned the advances of all, including the poor nymph, Echo who was head over heels in love with him.

Echo tried her best to gain the attention of Narcissus but it was in vain .One day she saw him alone in the woods, Echo drew up her courage and threw her arms around him .

Narcissus was surprised then said
"Hands off ! I would rather die than you have me !"

Mortified with shame , Echo ran to hide in the woods and from that time on she lived in a cave, her body was wasting away from sadness, her bones were weak, there was nothing left but her voice, with which she repeated anything she heard called out by passersby, she became her namesake Echo ..

When Nemesis the goddess of revenge heard of Narcissus's abominable behaviour towards Echo, she wanted retribution so she enticed Narcissus to a pond where he saw his own reflection and instantly fell madly in love with it

Totally absorbed in his reflection in the water, Narcissus lost his footing and tumbled into the pond where he drowned.

In the spot where Narcissus had sat gazing at himself in the water there appeared a flower the narcissus ..
a beautiful flower that came instead of selfishness and cold-heartedness .

A.N
Happy New year ☄☄
I hope that you achieve all your beautiful dreams this year 🌌

Stay tuned ~