Sakura

Sakura 🌸
• Floriography •

"That love is all there is, Is all we know of love." Emily Dickinson

The legend of Sakura begins hundreds of years ago in ancient Japan . At that time the lords fought in a lot of terrible battles, in which many humble fighters died, filling the whole country with sadness and ruin. Peaceful moments were extremely rare. Whenever the war ends another one starts

In spite of everything , there was a beautiful forest that even the war could not touch. It was full of trees surrounded by trees . No matters how many battles took place, none of the armies dared to stain such a nature.

In that beautiful forest there was a tree that never bloomed. Although it was full of life, it's branches had no flowers on it. That's why it looked so thin and dry as if it was dead. But it wasn't . It seemed doomed not to enjoy it's color and floral scent.

A magical touch :
The tree stayed very lonely. Even the animals did not approach it for fear of capturing it's strange evil. The grass wasn't growing around for the same reasons. Lonesome was its only company .

A legend has from Sakura that the forest's fairy was taken to see that ancient tree, being young .

One night, the fairy appeared next to the tree and with noble words allowed the tree to know that she wanted to see it beautiful and bright.
It was ready to help you achieve this. Then it made a suggestion. She, with her strength, will make the talisman last 20 years. During that time, the tree could sense what the human heart feels. Perhaps this way it will get excited and may blossom again.

And the fairy added that the spell could make the tree become both a plant and a human , inconspicuously, whenever it wanted. However, if the tree couldn't regain its vitality after 20 years, it will die immediately

The meeting with Sakura :
As the fairy said, the tree saw that it could become a human and become a tree again when it wanted to. So it tried to stay for a long time as a man, to see if human emotions helped him achieve his goal of blossoming .

However, the beginning was a disappointment. As far as it looked around, it saw nothing but hatred and war. Then it was again a tree during a good season.

Months were passing by and so were the years. The tree stayed as usual unable to find anything among humans to release it from its condition. However, one afternoon it became human, he walked into the clear stream and saw there a beautiful girl. It was Sakura.

The tree was impressed by its beauty, so it turned into a human being and approached it. Sakura was very kind to him. Likewise, he helped her to carry and transport the water to her home, which was nearby. They had a lively conversation in which he talked sadly about the state of war in Japan and the illusion of grandiose dreams.

The miracle of love :
 When the girl asked him his name, the tree was just thinking of saying "Yohiro".Which means 'hope'. the two became very close friends. They meet every day to talk, sing and read poems and books of wonderful stories.

The more he knew Sakura , the more he felt the need to be by her side. He counted the minutes to go to their meeting .

One day, Yohiro couldn't take it and confessed his love to Sakura. He also admitted who he really was , a tormented tree that was going to die soon because it had failed to blossom. Sakura was very impressed but silent .
Time passed and the period of 20 years was close to its end . Yohiro, who had returned to take the shape of a tree, felt sad every time .

One afternoon , when he was not expecting it, Sakuru came to his side. She hugged him and told him that she loves him too. "I don't want him to die, i don't want anything bad to happen to him." she said

Then, the fairy appeared again and asked Sakura to choose whether she wanted to remain human, or merge with Yohiro in the form of a tree .. she looked around and remembered the deserted fields of war.

Then she chose to merge with Yohiro forever. And the miracle happened.

The two became one . And after some days the tree blossomed.

The word sakura means
"cherry blossom"
But the tree didn't know it. Since then, Sakura flower is used to represent the love and sacrifice .

🍃🍃 🍃🍃 🍃🍃 🍃🍃

🌸A.N🌸
When i first read the story about behind Sakura, i couldn't just let it go and wanted to share it with you, so i hope you enjoyed reading it like i did

🍃🍃 🍃🍃 🍃 🍃🍃