Chapter 25

Kensi's POV

The clock above the desk read 6:42 am and being in the unusually chirpy mood I was in I decided I wanted to make pancakes. I quickly put my Uggs on and pulled my hair into a messy bun as I made my way downstairs before making my way into the kitchen and turning on the ceramic element. Searching through every cupboard twice and making a lot of noise pulling pots and bowls out of the way I finally found a pan, of some sort. Placing it on the element I noticed how eeirly quiet it was so I took the stairs two at a time, jumping as quietly as I could, and grabbed my phone off my bed before heading back downstairs and putting my favourite music on.

I quickly sent a group text to the 5SOS boys and went in search of flour. I danced around the kitchen looking for the ingredients to make this delicious breakfast and sang at the top my lungs and, surprisingly, no one woke up. It was 7:30 when I finished mixing the mixture and I had just started cooking when my favourite song came on.

"Life's a tangled web, of cellphone calls and hashtag 'I don't know's'," I sang into my spatula microphone. I could feel my bun bobbing on the top of my head as I jumped around, probably looking like a total idiot.

"We put the world away, we get so disconnected!" I heard laughter behind me and whipped my head around to see a very amused Michael standing in the doorway. My mouth dropped and my grip on the spatula lossened causing it to fall to the ground. A loud crashing noise sounded through the kitchen as it landed beside my left foot and the only thing to be heard now was my loud music and Michael's laughing.

"Pancakes?" I questioned as Calum appeared behind him, a confused look covering his face as he looked between Michael, the spatula and me.

"Yes please!" He smiled and walked towards me pulling me in for a bear hug before getting plates out of the drawer. Michael walked over to me and picked up the spatula before standing up to be at my height.

"You should probably wash this," he whispered in my ear as he placed the utensil back in my hand and took a seat at the breakfast bar. Luke looked as confused as ever as he came in from the entrance. I placed the spatula on the island and walked up to him, giving him a long hug. His coat was super warm and I didn't want to pull away.

"Nice taste in music," he smirked as I pulled away causing me to blush like crazy. I'm glad he didn't see me dancing.

Ashton followed and soon enough the kitchen was full. Luke was helping with the cooking and Calum had started chopping my favourite fruits when my phone started moving.

"Can you grab that please Mikey?" I looked over my shoulder as I tried to carefully flip an overly large pancake. I had my concentrating face on and my mind was on the job.

"It's Ari," I heard an Australian voice speak, "she wants to know why you're making so much noise."

I could practically hear the smirk in his voice and turned my head to face him, my eyes rolling at Ana's message.

"What did you say?" Calum laughed from beside him and he tried to hide his laughter. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him skeptically.

"What?" He acted innocent, throwing his hands in the air. I narrowed my eyes, my smirk still present, and looked at Ashton who was sitting next to Michael. He just shook his head and ran upstairs, presumably to get everyone up.

"I did it!" I turned my head back to the element to see Luke had carved a face in his pancake and filled the gaps with fruit resulting in, well let's just say, an interesting creation. Laughter escaped from my mouth and he smiled down at me before starting to carve a face in my pancake.

"Why do I like you?" I questioned once he was done.

"Cause I'm an amazing dancer," he smiled before running around the kitchen island, spatula still in hand, pretending to be a Ballerina. Everyone was laughing now and probably mimicking my actions as I shook my head, the biggest smile plastered on my face. When Luke had returned to the element he stopped in from of me and bowed nearly hitting me with the spatula.