Chapter 27

She looked at you then pulled you up before patting the snow off you. Surprisingly, she was taller than you. Flicking your forehead, she said, "No, you're not. That can be obviously seen."

You still think she looked great next to Killua despite you actually being his girlfriend. She had an amiable personality and was straightforward, the very opposite of you right now.

"But.. I'll be fine. You don't need to worry that much." You said.

"You know, I'm only a co-worker. Nothing happened between us, though you'll probably want to hear it from him instead." She sighed in helplessness as she raised her hand to her head.

You flinched out of reflex in response, not realizing you did it yourself. Her eyes widened, and soon it turned to anger. Katerina's smile went away almost immediately and her brows wrinkled.

"He hits you?!" She said.

"H-Huh?" You tilted your head.

"He couldn't have physically abused you, right?!" Her brows furrowed even more in anger, "I knew he was cold, but to the point where he would even hit his girlfriend, it's no wonder you would want to run away without saying anything..."

Wait...

You look dumbfounded at her, then realized a huge misunderstanding. You had flinched by reflex!

"I think you're misunderstanding something. Killua doesn't abuse me at all. Instead, I guess you can say that he's kinda like my savior." You said as you calmed her down.

"Say what? The cold and aloof Killua saved you?" She said then looked at your red cheeks from the cold. "Let's not talk here. Want to go there?"

Katerina pointed to coffee place. You nodded, and she took you there.

Once seated and ordered some drinks, the two of you began to talk as the snow began to pour.

"So he doesn't abuse you? Not even a slap?" She sounded concerned.

"No, he only scolds me from time to time. What had happened earlier... I may have flinched due to what happened to me previously, of course, it had nothing to do with Killua at all. Don't mind it. Killua have been treating me very well." You answered.

"You should've yelled at me at the very least though. Not only did I intrude on the two of you guys, I've also caused some disruptions and misunderstandings..." She trailed off.

"I.. I don't like to yell with my voice very much since I don't want others to feel scared or hurt. I know how that feels."

Realizing what Killua had meant before, Katerina lowered her gaze in guilt.

The drinks came and you two took sips. You vaguely told her about your past, and she listened very intently, only looking at her phone once or twice in a while.

When you finished drinking, she wrote down her number for you.

"If you need help, call me. We may have met like this, but I want to help you out. I know the consequences if I ever let you down, ahem, referencing Killua, ahem.." She said.

You laughed at her small comment on Killua. Her pink lips curved up, happy to see you finally laughing.

"Then I'll have to impose on you." You said, knowing that she was doing this with the intentions of getting closer to you, maybe for benefits, but you didn't say anything. "Can you tell me more about him during work?"

"Of course! To put simply, he's now a workaholic. Before, he wasn't that energetic about working. It's a pretty well known fact in our company that he's the CEO's son. You know, he was also very unapproachable before, but now, almost anyone can come and talk to him about work." She said.