Chapter 32

You put the ring on his finger first. You knew you were trembling, but Killua didn't mind. He then grabs the other ring, and you stretch your hand to him.

Putting a ring on your left ring finger, he kisses your finger and puts your hand up to his forehead. You felt how hot it was. He must've been nervous despite looking so serious.

"I can't believe it. I did it. Our future will be promised to be together for life." He says.

As you were about to say something, a wet droplet lands on your hand. You close your mouth and enjoy the moment. Patting his soft hair, you hug him.

"I love you. I love you so much." Killua says.

In his voice, you could hear joy as he try to suppress the crying. After a few sniffles, he finally looks up at you. Giggling, you wipe his tears.

"You dummy. I wouldn't mind if you had proposed an engagement at a later time." You said.

"I don't want people to think of you as my mistress. I know how hard you work for our life, but I can't stand people misunderstanding that." He says as he diverts his red eyes.

You cup one of his cheeks, saying, "I don't care how people see me. I care how you see me. I don't need other people's opinions on how we should and shouldn't do things. It's our relationship."

He kisses your palm multiple times before replying to you.

"I'm going to hold an engagement party for us to officially announce us; however, if you don't want to, we don't have to. You don't have to pay attention to the paparazzis and media. Don't worry about taking over the family business with me."

"I'm okay with what you're okay with. Let's hold it." You said.

"Thank you. You don't have to interact with anyone uninteresting. If the pressure is too big, let me know. I'll cover for you."

As he leaves to go change his clothes, you couldn't erase the smile on your face as you touch the ring on your finger. That's right. It was almost a year since the two of you started to date. Despite the fast pace, it felt quite good. It seems like life was going to be full of happiness after that touch childhood.

However.... You lower your head and look at the ring intently. Will things go that easy? Wouldn't there be people questioning your origin and if you suit him or not? The media will surely destroy something.

"What's wrong? Still worried and unsettled about our future?" He comes and puts his arm around your shoulder.

"A bit.." You honestly told him.

"I told you that you don't need to do anything extraordinary and just do what you usually do. I'll take care of the paparazzi and media. Don't look at those."

"Alright.."

"I plan to have this party next month when your semester is over. Is that okay?"

"Yeah."

After confirming some things after eating, the two of you went to bed that night. The next morning after Killua had gone off, you searched for a job that aligns with your interest and career. After finding one, you emailed them, sending them your contact address, name, and resume.

Things were starting to get a bit more serious now that you're not playing around and are trying to get your life together. Along with that, the stress piled up unknowingly.

-——-

The arguments and fights were a bit more frequent, although most of them ended fast, and both of you would reconcile. Of course, it wasn't anything new, but it felt like there were more arguments lately.