Chapter 25

(UNSC Cruiser)

The rest of the Spartan and some people at the cockpit deck of the ship monitored what was happening at the Medical bay using their surveillance devices. Commander Rebecca Keyes sadly sighed when she saw the recorded unfortunate incident. The rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy remained worried for Anna and Tengfei's status which it took two to three hours in fighting against the Flood.

They watched and heard the current surveillance footage of the Groot and the Gravemind switching and struggling with each other. R'tas Vadum couldn't bear to see and hear of the infected creature's agony which he remembered how he killed his close friend out of mercy. His new friend, Rocket stood beside him and understood what he was feeling right now.

" I couldn't take this anymore, " the Sangheili sadly replied, bowing his head. " I do understand that the Flood can destroy every species in the universe by infecting them, but this is so unbearable. "

" It seems you want to glass every world that has been affected, doesn't it? " Commander Keyes reminded the statement from the former Sangheili commander and crossed her arms. " Now, one of our allies has been infected. Did your conscience break your mind and heart former commander? "

R'tas became guiltier and more silent than ever as he refused to answer the UNSC commander. Everyone was in dead silence and still watching the video from the medical bay. The rest of the guardians were murmuring and thinking of a plan to save Groot and retrieve the two Kree people from that area before the Gravemind would fully take over the innocent one's body.

" Well, Madame Commander, " Quill broke his silence and changed the topic. " We're thinking of a plan to save the other two before it gets south. Like we'll be backing up the remaining Spartans and the medical staff to save our two friends over there and contain Groot into the Kree equipment where he could stay if it's possible. "

" Mr. Quill, I appreciate your team's potential strategy for a certain incident, but we actually prioritize your health and safety before reaching Installation 00, " she said.

" Ma'am, we can't let them suffer and die there, " he raised his voice and stressed his words. " Even our friend Groot, we never had an idea how that thing had gotten into him in the first place. Does that mean you're gonna butcher him? "

" No, we do not have an option to kill your infected colleague. I understand we have lost a lot of soldiers because of the Flood infestation several years ago. My father was also a victim of it. We don't want to let it happen again. "

" So, what's your immediate solution aside from containing him? "

Miranda Keyes took a small Kree device that resembled into a pager when she showed it to the team. It flashed a star of Hala when they turned their attention to it.

" We're still waiting for our honorary Spartan-III's response and arrival, " she explained. " According to our sources, he's a former Colonel of the Kree Imperial Army and a Spartan program consultant. The last time, we have heard from him was three years ago when he and John-117 were on a mission against the Covenant forces at the Proxima Centauri system. It was a successful mission, but the Kree immediately left the UNSC for his retirement. "

" Retirement? " Chris-77 curiously repeated the word. " How come? "

" He mentioned that he never wanted to be involved with wars, " she replied. " Although, we need him the most. "

" So, where is he now? " the red-headed Terran shrugged.

" Mind if I could interrupt you, guys, " a male voice echoed and called their attention. He appeared to be a male brunette Caucasian with a mustache who belonged to the Spartan-IV crew.