New Years Special Chap 2

Preview:

"Okay, if you say so. Shall we go then?" Shirou-kun looked at you.

"Sure." You let Shirou-kun lead the way. "Which room are we in charge of?"

He chuckled. "Not exactly a room. I'm in charge of the backyard."

"Out in the cold, again, huh. Just my luck," you sighed.

"It's not that bad. Come on." And with that, you two head to the back.

_______________________

When the two Hakuren members were sure that they wouldn't be able to hear them, Nae-chan started.

"Hey, what did you do that for!" She puffed out her cheeks.

"Did you even realize that you were about to spill the secret to her?" Atsuya sighs and rub his temple.

"What are you..., ooh. You mean about Hiroto?" She asked to confirm her guess. 

"Yes," Atsuya practically growled. He was nearing his wits' end. "Why didn't you tell us about him?" He sighs.

"Hey, I didn't know that he would throw his hat in the ring, too, okay!?" She crossed her arms. "I had some suspicions when he volunteered to go along with her despite that he was lucky enough to not be tasked with anything when we did the lucky draw. Lending his gloves just confirmed it. I was planning to confirm it first then tell yo-"

"Hold on a sec," Atsuya held his finger up. "'His' gloves?"

"Yes?" She stretched the 'S.' "What, you thought those gloves were? You really think those gloves fit my aesthetic?" She rolled her eyes, to which Atsuya grunts.

"You are so annoying."

"And you, are so brash."

They both decided to just end their conversation there and got back to their work. There is a long day ahead of you...

---

"So, what do we start?" You asked, looking through the assortment of decorations. Streamers, party flags and decorative ribbons, a few balloons, too, and... is that a wreath? Why is a wreath... Oh that's right, now you remembered. Since you all spent your Christmas with family, Nae-chan suggested to celebrate Christmas together, even if just a little. Sure explained why a good chunk of the streamers are red and green. 

"There isn't much to decorate outside really. A few streamers and party flags here and there, maybe a couple of balloons," Shirou-kun grabbed a small box of streamers and hand them over to you. "We should probably start from the ledge of the roof. I'll go grab a ladder, be right back."

While waiting for him to find the ladder, you started twirling the ribbons and blew up some balloons. It didn't take too long before Shirou-kun came back with the ladder, and a person? You only know one young lad with long, silky blonde locks and pretty maroon eyes.

"Afuro-kun?" You questioned, mostly to yourself. 

"Good afternoon," he said while peeking out from behind Shirou-kun and waved. "I saw Fubuki-kun struggling to carry the ladder himself, so I came to help. But," he looked around the yard and the amount of decorations you've prepared so far. He covered his mouth with his hand but you make out a smile behind it. "I'm guessing that's not the only thing you're going to need help with."

"You guess?" You smirked and cocked a brow. "I think, no, I know  we definitely need help." You grabbed a bundle of streamers from the pile and shoved them into his arms. "Now get to work, pretty boy."