New Year Special Chap 4

Preview:

"Asuto-kun is always full of surprises after all. I have always admired him, but just this once, I don't think I will."

"Ooh, getting competitive, I see. Well, despite what others think, you are the more competitive out of the two of us." Froy shrugged his shoulders.

"You're just as competitive. So frankly, I don't know what are you trying to imply." He gave the Russian a challenging smile.

"I suppose you're not wrong about that." He flashed him a seemingly innocent smile back.

___________________________________

"Which is why..." Ichihoshi-kun trailed off. He walked over to your and Inamori-kun's laughing figures and tapped your shoulder lightly, "Froy and I need your opinion on something. Do you think you can help us?"

"I don't see why not. But, uh, just wait a sec. I'm almost done cutting these tomat--"

"You can go," Inamori-kun interrupted, "I can handle the rest. Thanks for helping me!" He said cheerfully.

You agreed to his offer and went to Ichihoshi-kun and Froy's part of the kitchen. Froy waved at you and directed you to sit on a chair that he probably grabbed earlier.

"So, what do you need help with? Reminder, I'm not a good cook. I can't even cut a tomato, ask Inamori-kun if you don't believe me." You pointed back to the said sunshine boy with your thumb.

"Although I'm indeed impressed that you can't cut a tomato--" You gave Froy a hard poke in the ribs. He mumbled out the rest of his sentence while put his hand over the jabbed area. You looked to Ichihoshi-kun with a raised brow, hoping to get answers from him.

"What he was trying to say was that we need your opinion about the food." He pointed to the steaming pots on the stoves, "Taste testing to be more specific."

Your eyes sparkled in delight. "Well I may not be any good at making food, but I sure am at tasting them!" You crossed your arms over your chest and lift your chin up with a smug smile on your face. Why are you smug that you can't cook? I don't know, you tell me.

Froy walked over to one of the pots and served a small portion of it into a tiny tasting plate. He handed in over to you and you took a moment to observe the liquid. It's thin in texture and has a dark brown hue to it. Not to mention smelling absolutely divine.

You blew on it and took a sip. Well it sure tastes as strong as it smells. It had a savory taste with a hint of saltiness to it. It packs quite a punch actually. The warm liquid make it's way down your throat and warming your stomach up. On a cold day like this one, soup is definitely great.

"And here's the other one." Ichihoshi gave you another tasting plate, this time with the other pot's contents.

It's also a soup. Much like the first soup, it's thin and smelled great. But it's a cloudy white in color instead and the smell isn't as strong as the first. You gave it a blow and took a sip. It tasted savory and with hints of saltiness -- much like the first one -- but more mellow. Judging by the taste, you figured that it's white miso.

"So what do you think?" Froy asked you shot up then pointed at himself with a proud smile, "__ made the first one, this one is mine."

"Well," you hummed, "The first one is quite strong. I like that it's savory, though it is rather salty. The second one is more gentle taste wise. It kinda feels sophisticated in a way," you finished. You found the two cooks staring at you as if they were waiting for further comments. "Uh, do you need more?"