Chapter 2

Maya looked as Riley was showing her hundreds of dresses which she could wear at the first day of school while Maya was slowly not thinking of school. To say the truth she wasn't even thinking of anything at that moment. All she had in her mind was the romantic moment she and Josh may or may not have shared awhile ago and that alone was eating her.

"Maya! Where's your mind at?" Riley asked as Maya exhaled looking at her best friend.

"Nowhere. Um... I like the second dress. The red one," Maya said.

"Are you okay? I know school doesn't start for a few more weeks but you need to start thinking of it," Riley said.

"Um aren't we gonna wear uniforms this year? It is a private school," Maya said as Riley looked at her.

"She's right. You guys are wearing these uniforms," Cory said showing the clothes to Maya and Riley.

"There is no way I'm wearing that. There's no way. Look how ugly it is," Riley said.

"I like it. Red and blue. Feels very... Me," Maya said.

Reading a book in the living room Maya heard the door opening seeing as Josh came into the apartment. Hearing how his brother and niece were arguing he shook his head sitting down next to Maya seeing as she was busy reading A Walk To Remember as he smiled.

"I read that book as a subscribed book in Freshman year of high school. Hear you guys are going to the Lindsay Adams Academy for girls. Excited?" Josh asked as Maya smiled nodding her head.

"The uniforms are different than Riley thought. She refuses to wear it and that's what they are arguing about," Maya said.

"What is so bad about it?" Josh asked as Maya put her book down.

"It's red and blue," Maya said as Josh looked at her.

"Obviously my niece's favorite color," Josh sarcastically said as Maya smiled.

"She can't have it her way and get a purple uniform. Was that what she was hoping for?" Josh asked as Maya looked at him.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Maya asked adjusting her body so she could face Josh.

"I don't know. Something about you have changed. Something... Extraordinary," Josh said as Maya smiled .

"Maybe it's the whole high school thing. Clearly not some middle school girl anymore," Maya said.

"You're not. Maybe that is..."

"Ugh!" they heard Riley say as they both smiled.

"I give up with convincing her it's okay to wear green so it's now in Mr Matthew's hands," Maya said as Josh smiled at the young girl while she picked up her book again.

Looking at her he saw something he's never seen before. Something grown up about her. Something... Different.