Chapter 5

Maya's outfit

Maya exhaled as she had looked at herself in the mirror

Maya exhaled as she had looked at herself in the mirror. Braiding her hair into a high braid, she had never thought she would make it up until high school never mind even middle school. She heard her phone going off as she smiled at the morning message Josh had send her.

J - Good morning! Have a wonderful first day of high school can't wait to hear all about it!

Maya smiled as she had looked at the time and grabbed her backpack before she went to the kitchen. Seeing how her mother was missing yet again she went out of the apartment straight to the Matthews. She saw as Topanga and Auggie were at the dining table hearing how Cory was still struggling with his daughter after a few weeks of arguing about the wardrobe.

"Hey, Auggs," Maya said as she sat down next to the six year old.

"Hey, Maya. Riley is still fighting with Daddy but I can go and get her if you want," Auggie said as Maya shook her head.

"Nah I'm okay, thanks. Let them argue it out first. Has she even eaten yet because we need to get going soon?" Maya asked as Topanga nodded.

"Yeah she did. But you better go and tell them to hurry up," Topanga said as Maya went into Riley's room seeing the mess.

"Riles! We have to get going," Maya said as Riley and Cory looked at Maya.

"Why does it look good on you?" Riley asked as Cory groaned.

"We'll be ready in five minutes, Mr. Matthews," Maya said as Cory went out of the room.

"Come on. Let's clean up then we can go," Maya said.

"What have you heard from Josh?" Riley asked as Maya smiled.

"Not this," Maya said chuckling. "Can we not start the conversation in any other way?"

"Nope. I wanna hear what he says to my best friend," Riley said as Maya started to pick up the clothes from the floor.

"He just wished me a good first day. Come on, we really need to go now," Maya said as Riley grabbed her backpack.

"Fine," Riley groaned as they went out of the room.

"Okay, I'm ready to go," Riley said as Topanga looked at Riley and Maya clutching her chest.

"Mommy don't," Riley said.

"My baby is all grown up," Topanga said as Cory smiled at the two girls.

"Both of you are. Come on. Let's take on a new journey," Cory said as both of the girls went out of the apartment.