10

I love you!

  Dion POV

  It's been a few days since I last saw Carlo and to be honest, I kinda been avoiding him. It wasn't for a negative reason or anything. I just didn't know what to say or do when it came to him. "I'm going out, are you gonna be OK?" Dira asked snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yeah I'll be fine. Have a good time." I said smiling at her. "Thank you I will. I'll bring you back a doggy bag." "My girl!" I said putting my fist to my chest while pointing at her. She laughed as she walked out the door. 

  I'm glad she's happy again. It looks good on her. Sighing, I went into the living room to watch TV. I was half way into The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina when my phone rung. "Hello?" "Hey son how are you?" My parents said in unison. "That was so creepy but I'm OK. A little bored but other than that no complaints." I said with a laugh. "I heard Dira and her little boo are back together." she said as I shook my head. Dira was right neither one of our parents can hold water for shit. 

  "Yes they are and I'm so happy for her. Watching her pretend to be OK was killing me." I responded. "What about you?" my dad asked as I got stuck. "Huh?" "What's been going on with you? Did you and your boyfriend get back together as well?" he reiterated. "Uh something like that." I said scratching the back of my neck. "Why'd you say it like that? Did something else happen?" he asked. "No it's not that. I mean he confessed his feelings on the situation as well as his love for me, which I received whole heartedly but I don't know." I said trying to formulate the right words. 

  "In other words, you're stuck." my mom chimed in. "I guess you can say that." "Well talk to us. What's wrong." "Well it's like I really like him a lot but I'll be leaving in literally two weeks. That simple fact is just telling me that this is just temporary. I don't want to get my feelings hurt again, especially after getting this deep in." I sighed. I finally said it. "Have you discussed this with him?" pops asked. "No." "That's problem number on right there. You have to talk to him as well as this affects him too. You can't make moves that you deem would be  for the best without consulting with the other party. You'll only do more damage." he said as I nodded my head.  "OK I will." "Soon Dion." he added. He knows  me so well. 

  "OK the next time he calls, I'll tell him to come over so we can talk." "That's better." he said as I laughed. "I like seeing you happy. It makes me happy." my mom said as I laughed. We're in the same boat with that one. "Well enough of that. How has everything been?" I asked changing the subject. "It's been good. We're enjoying all of the photos and videos you're sending. Safe to say you're living it up out there." "Yup. That's the only way to do it." I laughed. We made more small talk before I hung up and went back to watching the series. "When is the right time though?" I asked myself before going to sleep. 

Carlo POV 

  It's been a few days since I last heard from Dion and I'm kind of worried. Did I lay it on him to strong? I don't think I did. I honestly told him how I felt. He needed to hear that, especially from me. "Hey lover boy." Joaquin said throwing a towel at me. "What?" I snapped. "You OK man? You're not even doing the routine with us." he said taking a seat next to me. "Uh, yeah I'm good. Just got a lot on my mind that's all. I'll be good for the night." "It's him isn't it." he said as nodded my head. 

  "Why don't you go talk to him?" "I- I - I don't know if that's the right thing to do." I said solemnly. "What you mean? You told me you loved him right?" I nodded. "The you don't let the love of your life slip away from you. You fight for and when you come tried everything you could, then you make your decision." he said as I let the words sink in. He had a point. "I'll let Ale know you're taking the night off. Go and talk to him." he said patting me on the back.