Chapter 5: Pause and Play

"This is a really fucking stupid idea, Dagger."

Taehyung's voice rang through Jimin's communication unit while Jimin stood hidden outside of a completely normal produce warehouse. Jimin let out a huff and tried getting his plan through to Taehyung who was obviously in complete disagreement. "Oh come on, V! Literally nothing could go wrong if I went in there for a quick check. It's a produce warehouse for god's sake. The only thing that could attack me in there is an army of fruit and vegetables."

Taehyung was quickly losing his patience. "No. I mean it. There's something that's not right with that place, okay? The only option is to revisit this place later. That truck hasn't even been emptied yet. So please, leave!"

"Wait, wait," Jimin began. "They're moving the truck. I'm going to move so I can get a better view of the inside."

"Oh my god, why don't you just-"

Jimin ripped out his bluetooth communication set and turned it off. He needed to concentrate, and he needed to do something instead of being inactive. At the current moment, his view of the warehouse complex was through a barbed wire. That needed to change.

The sun was rising quickly, so he had to move fast enough to take advantage of the fleeting darkness. A bunch of dying bushes could only cover his black ensemble for so long.

He was going completely dark- no communication, just eyesight and instinct.

He first made a dash to the right, keeping his distance from the fence but still moving quick enough to follow the truck. Looking ahead, there was a patch of trees with dark leaves that could be a potential candidate to stake out in. Turning back to the truck, he saw it curving around the corner of the warehouse.

Jimin also curved around the edge of the barbed wire fence and ran forward. The truck turned towards the back of the warehouse, but that presented a large problem.

As he finally got past the wall to his left, he saw that there was a giant, empty parking lot which created too much distance between himself and the truck. It was also completely lit up, meaning he would stick out like a sore thumb on the faded asphalt.

He needed Taehyung to do this perfectly, but given what had transpired just a few hours ago, he was far from asking anyone for help.

Jimin really had no other option but going up to the truck and looking inside for himself, something anyone sane would probably call a death wish. If that really was a truck containing hundreds of containers of military arms, he was done for.

There was a small L-shaped corner before the wall turned into a flat wall, a place where he could get close enough to hear what was happening. It would have to do until he came up with something else.

His hands went to his belt as he grabbed an ear implant. Jimin moved as close as he possibly could without getting caught and turned it on.

"So, what are we looking at here?" asked a deep-voiced woman.

A bit of shuffling happened followed by a loud click. "How's this? It's from last year, but it's reliable. Got a couple hundred of those, all the add-ons too."

"It's cute, but we want more." spoke another woman.

"Oh, this is only the start. Please, step inside. I got the real stuff back here, straight from the stockpile."

The deep-voiced woman punched the container wall. "I don't have the time to look at this! It's almost morning. Just tell me what you have inside or I'll blow your head off."

The guy who Jimin presumed was the driver took a very loud, deep, breath. "Right, right. My apologies. I have 14 FN F2000 Belgian bullpup assault rifles, 13 South African Milkor 40mm UBGL grenade launchers, 57 Claridge Hi-Tec 9mm pistols, 6 Kimel AP-9's, and a lifetime supply of Glock 17's."