Chapter 8: Revelations

"Report time is at 600 hours. Understood?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Dismissed."

Yoongi sent the team of investigators away early, making sure that everyone was well rested for a work day currently set at an indefinite amount of hours. He wasn't the only one flying every which way across the country to deal with the aftermath of L.A.

The team had found themselves in the desert land just outside of Roswell, New Mexico, where the bombs used at the Beverly Center had originated from- a Park Industries warehouse.

One soldier lingered around after Yoongi's dismissal. He walked toward him.

"Sir!"

Yoongi winced. "At ease, Lance."

"Sir, there has been an influx in media presence at the investigation site. We do not have enough people to clear them from the area yet, sir!"

"I said at ease, Lance," Yoongi ran his hands over his face. "I'm not surprised. No one believes in common courtesy anymore..."

Another voice chimed in. "Some guys have radioed in- the reporters keep asking questions about what happened at the hearing today. They won't leave unless we force them to."

"Well, I guess you'll have to go do that yourself, Alex. They better be gone by the time we get there, understood?" Yoongi commanded.

Alex nodded and walked off with Lance. Yoongi got into his government issued Jeep and began driving to his accommodation for the night. Just as he was about to shift into reverse, his phone buzzed.

"What?" Yoongi mumbled, the feeling of tiredness suddenly catching up to him.

Namjoon, who was on the other side, spoke. "Busy?"

"More like tired and annoyed. What?"

Namjoon took a sharp breath. "Someone's a little crabby."

"Look man," Yoongi sighed, "I know you wouldn't just call me for no reason, so get on with it."

Namjoon paused. "I had a bit of a chat with San yesterday. He was able to get a box worth of Weston files, didn't tell me where from. Reached a pretty concerning conclusion."

"He's combed through everything we have, how could there be something new?"

"Have you heard of Black Mountain Defense?"

Yoongi racked his brain for a second. "Yeah, it's a decently sized private security contractor. I think I've met with some of their representatives before."

"Well, there's a good chance it's something more. Weston dealt quietly to brokers in the Middle East- on paper- until 2017 before small deals almost exclusively with Black Mountain began."

"Okay," Yoongi slowly pondered. "So Black Mountain has to be a cover then, right?"

Namjoon hummed in agreement. "Exactly that, but it's much more than that. Had it been a simple cover, we would've found that out from the recent file dump we got. But, I cross checked what San sent me and the transactions don't match changes in Weston warehouse stock. They have to be getting the stock from somewhere..."

Yoongi's head shot up from the headrest of the carseat. "No fucking way."

"Whatever happens at that investigation tomorrow, you need to watch everyone and everything. Hand-count inventory, cross check shipments, anything, because the world's biggest weapons contractor has been compromised."

Yoongi hit the steering wheel in frustration. "Damn it, damn it, damn it. Do any of them know?"

"Not yet, but they'll be back from the hearing soon."