Chapter 3

Me and Mukuro took Junko to a school's infirmary and had her head bandaged. We sit around her, waiting for a sign that she's waking up.I'm so worried, but also, at the same time, confused. What got Kamukura into stomping her head? Of course, I didn't pay attention, but i guess this is why I'm Ultimate Curious... But, why did he kiss my hand, and why did it feel so good and soft? I was never good at liking romanced stuff, so maybe this is how it feels to fall in love. Wait! What!? I look at the hand that Kamukura kissed on and feel my heart covered with butterflies. "He didn't hurt, right," Mukuro asked, concerned. I looked up at her and shook my head. Mukuro muffles something under her breath in disbelief. I guess she was also curious why Kamukura kissed my hand , instead of hurting me.

Moments feel like hours and hours till Junko finally wakes up. "What happened? Where am I? Where's Kamukura?" Me and Mukuro carefully explain what happened during her concussion, hoping she understands. Junko squeals in excitement at the part when we tell her that he will be waiting for her. I smile at Junko and hug her, because I'm kind of glad she's okay. Junko hugs me tightly, with chuckles going deep in my braided hair. I hold Junko's hand and Mukuro holds my other hand, and together, we walk out the school, I make sure Junko didn't fall.

When we walk pass a boy, Junko shifts her hand away from me, turns to the boy, and grabs him by his right shoulder. He was turned around to Junko, shocked, confused, and scared. How hard did Kamukura hit her head with one stomp to make her more crazy than she was before? She's already crazy everyday and everynight. She yanked the boy's scarf, so he can go closer to her. He made a small "Um". Me and Mukuro watch to see what's happening next or run to get help with Junko. "What's your name," Junko asks the boy, scaring him. "Ryota... Ryota Mitarai. The Ultimate Animator," he introduces himself. Junko gasped and hugged him in a weird way. He shirked. I lift one eyebrow up with confusion.

"Like on my god! I can't stop hearing those words in my head," Junko said, staring at him. If I was him, I would run. She gave a psychopath smile she had on when trying to kill Kamukura, and whispers, "Fateful despair encounter." What?

"They let you in with the Ultimate talent?" Ryota frowned more and asked, "You think animation is for nerds?" "Well, duh," Junko rudely answers. I wouldn't say it's for nerds, I think of it as an artistic thing for artists. "But, anime is an important part of our culture," he shouted. "You'll see! Once my project is done, I'll show you how important it is! It'll influence the ways of hope," he shouts at Junko. There's the word again...hope.

Junko grinned at him and placed her hands on his face, digging her nails deep into his cheeks. Then, said, "You think so? Challenge accepted, my dear friend?" Ryota looked shock and said, "You can follow me to my office if you can call it that," he said. We nodded and followed him to his office.