Chapter four: holy shit Charlotte

I was sitting on the couch flipping channels on the tv. "there's nothing good on" I whispered to myself and I burried my face in the couch pillow. I went to the fridge to go get some choclate ice cream( my favorite flavor) and put some whip cream on top(my favorite topping).

=

I sat down on the couch and started to read the book I hadn't finished yet called " la vita é Bella" ( that meant " life is beautiful" in Italian )that I had found in the sale bin at the book store. I only got a page in when I felt a buzz in my back pocket. I took my phone and pressed the home button to see a text message that read

"hey Harper! It's me Christian from the grocery store. We had a moment with the oranges :P"

I slid open my lock screen and went into messages. I texted back " oh hey Christian, what's up?"

"I was wondering if you were busy this friday" he said

"Um actually it's my birthday on Friday but I don't think I'm doing anything."

I got a text back a minute later "NOT DOING ANYTHING ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?! Well now you have no choice but to maybe go on a date with me?" I didn't know how to respond. We're things moving to fast? He just met me about a week ago.

"It's okay if you don't want to go" he texted again

"Oh sorry I didn't get the message till now" I lied "Friday is good :)"

"Okay I'll come pick you up at seven? And is Italian food okay?"He said

" perfect, see you then"

"See ya Harper"

As soon as we finished talking I called Charlotte. I patiently listened to the dile tone.

"Hello? Said Charlotte sounding slightly upset.

"CHRISTIAN FROM THE VINTAGE STORE ASKED ME OUT ON A DATE!" I screeched. Charlotte started bawling from the other end of the phone.

"Charlotte? What's wrong?" I stated worried.

"I'm having a baby" she said

"Holy shit Charlotte"