Chapter six: already spoiled

It had been five months since me and Christians first date. We had many dates since that night and things were starting to get more serious. We never officially established whether or not we were girlfriend and boyfriend but I considered us a couple(I just hope he felt the same.)

=

It was 2:00 and I still hadn't left the house so I decided to call Charlotte to see what she was doing. I diled her number and patiently waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" The voice answered

"Hey Charlotte! Are you doing anything at the moment because I'm really bored" I said

"Actually I was just about to go on a baby shopping spree...do you wanna come and help me pick things out?"

"Oh cool! I would love to come!" " do you want me to come pick you up and we'll head over?"

"Yeah that would be great" she responded

We hung up and I started to get ready. I put on a flowy floral tanktop with light wash jeans and timberland boots. I brushed my teeth, hair and my face.I didn't have enough time to straighten my hair so I left it as is ( a blonde wavy mess).

=

I parked out front of charlottes apartment. She had originally lived with her parents but after she found out that she was having a baby her strictly religious parents kicked her out. She was completely distraught after that and she hadn't talked to them since. I honestly felt horrible for her. My parents would support me no matter what but charlottes had always been very strict. The only time she really even talked about the baby is when she called me and told me that she was having a girl. I got out of my car and walked up to charlottes apartment door. I knocked and said "it's me harper". "Be out in a minute" she responded. She came out in a striped pink tanktop with a denim jacket and Navy leggings. She had her thin brown hair down and her "nerd glasses" on.

=

We pulled away and I asked" where is our first stop?". "Umm...let's go to babysRus" she said.

"Okay". The drive was about thirty minutes. When we got out of the car I asked her "are you going to have a baby shower?". "Nah.. Who would come besides you? My parents hate me and your really my only friend". "Well I'm still going to give you a present" I responded.

=

As soon as we walked in we went straight to the clothing aisle since there was a sale.

I pointed out a cute lilac jumper that said "spoiled princess" on the front with picture of a crown hovering over the letters. " aww that's so cute" Charlotte said. " oh by the way... What are some names for the baby?" I said curiously. " I'm thinking either Amber, Savannah, McKenna , Chanel, or Brooke". "Ooh I love those" I said "especially Brooke, Savannah and Chanel".

=

We ended up buying a baby car seat, stroller, clothes and a soft, pale pink headband with a bow on it. Charlotte had really wanted this baby mobile but it was too expensive and she didn't have enough money at the moment. I decided that I would come back and get that for her as a present since she wasn't having a baby shower. We had an employee help us pack everything into the backseat of my tiny fiat ( everything barely fit) and we thanked him and drove off.

=

"What do you think of the name Brooke Chanel Swift?' She asked a few minutes later breaking the silence. "It sounds absolutely perfect" I said.