Chapter five: Christian mingle

There was a lot going on in my head. I was excitedly preparing for Christian to come pick me up for our date and I was worried about Charlotte. When Charlotte called this morning to wish me a happy 24th birthday we talked about the whole having a baby situation. After she had told Connor they had gotten in a big fight and he left(leaving Charlotte a huge mess). "She should have listened to me" I thought. I knew he was no good for her and this is just proves it.

=

I tried to keep my mind off the situation at hand by focusing on getting ready for my date. He hadn't said whether or not it was formal but he asked me if I liked Italian food and I'm assuming he didn't mean he was taking me for pizza. I decided on a semi fancy navy blue dress with an open back. I added a cute necklace and matching bracelet. Then I slipped on my Steve madden flats and tied my hair in a neat bun with a flower crown.

=

I heard my text ringtone coming from my clutch.

"Hey um harper?" Texted Christian

"Yeah? :)" I texted back

"did you say that your apartment number was 33 b... Because I knocked on the door with flowers in my hand and an old woman answered... I think she thought they were for her"

I laughed and ran up to my front door. I looked to left to see Christian standing just a little down the hall. " look to your left stupid" I yelled hysterically laughing. "Oops" he said embarrassed but slightly humored.'"well these are for you" he said holding out some pink tulips. " oh you didn't have to" I smiled. "Well I tried to get flowers as pretty as you are" he said. I blushed and I stepped on my pinky toes in order to hug him" thank you " I said

=

He walked me Down and led me to his car. It was a older car and most likely had been handed down to him. " Sorry, it's kinda old but it still works...plus I can't afford to buy a new car right now." " It doesn't matter" I said.

=

The restaurant was about fifteen minutes away from my apartment and I had honestly never seen it before. When we parked I looked up and saw that it was named "piccolo Italia"'. He got out and opened the car door for me. "Oh thanks" I said. "No problem" he responded. We walked in and Christian said to the waiter "excuse me sir we have a reservation for two" "last name?" Said the waiter. "Swift". "Ah mrs and mr swift, come right this way" the waiter said. "Actually were just dating" Christian responded quickly. I laughed " it's okay" I said.

=

The table was near the back of the restaurant and a skylight was right above it. Christian was wearing black pants with a navy blue shirt to match my tie( a complete coincidence) and he had his brown hair combed off to the side.Everything was so perfect.

=

we talked the rest of the night. I told him about Charlotte and he told me his thoughts on the situation. We basically just got to know each other better. It felt like we had known each other for years.

=

After he drove me home he walked me back to my apartment building door . "Good night harper...I really had a great time" he smiled "me too" I said. I walked back to my apartment and shut the door. I walked over to the window just in time to see him pull away. I looked out at the city skyline and thought "how can things get any better?".