Chapter three: the evil oranges

After what seemed hours of trying to find a parking spot , I finally walked into my local food store " daves grocery". I mentally went through my shopping list in my head, " bread, eggs , milk and my favorite cereal, special k. My life is so Plain , I wish that something exciting a would happen to me. Every week I come here then to the nail salon ( not that I minded but it was starting to get boring). I walked down the Cereal aisle and bent down to the last shelf to see that I had luckily got the last box. "Aw yes" I whispered and smiled. I got up and put it in my shopping cart. "Oh crap" I heard from behind me.i turned around and saw that it was the cute boy from the vintage store near my apartment. " you took the last box" he gave me a stern face. I stood there frozen and stuttered " oh..I'm uh..sorry". "I was just joking with you" he laughed. I gave a slight smile and he said " the names Christan...Christian butler". Of course I knew his name I stared at his name tag every time I went to his store.

=

We talked the rest of the shopping trip and I honestly thought it was the best day of my life. We talked about how I had just gotten out of college and was looking for a job as a nurse. He was working the day shifts at the vintage shop and going to med school at night. Everything was perfect until...

=

"Hey um Harper?" He said. "Uh yeah?" I responded. "Um would you mind...like putting your phone number in my phone?" He pulled out his iPhone 5 with a navy blue case. "Oh yeah of course" I blushed. I took his phone and leaned on the fruit stand. Everything was fine until clumsy me knocked over an orange and the whole thing came tumbling down. "AHHH" I screamed as I slipped and oranges continued to attack me. I started crying right then and there. What had been the best day of my life had just turned out to be the worst.

=

"Oh my god are you okay?!" He yelled. "Yes I'm fine " I said wiping away the tears and red with embarrassment . "I um gotta go" I stuttered. "No wait ..harper, it's okay, look " he lied down on the floor next to me , crossed his feet and squeezed on orange on his shirt. There was a awkward silence and then he said 'well now we both look like idiots" and we both started hysterically laughing.

=

"As much as I'm enjoying laying on the floor covered in Orange juice...I have to get home, and study for night school" Christian said. We both laughed and dusted ourselves off. "Keep in touch?"he said. "Sure" I blushed and we parted our ways.

=

I paid for my groceries,bagged them and packed them into my into my small red fiat(which I had gotten as a present for graduating college). I was just about to close the car door when I heard someone yell "wait!...Harper!". I turned around to see Christian panting and bent over from running. "Oh hi" I said confused. "You forgot to put you number in my phone".