Chapter two: Greek food and surprises

I looked up at the sign of my favorite restaurant. It read " Greek palace". I wiped my feet on the welcome mat and took a wiff of the familiar and quite delicious smell of food. I looked down at the time on my phone,12:32." Excuse me sir?" I said. "Im meeting a friend here,her name is charlotte...charlotte swift?" "Ah yes, you are Harper?" The waiter said "she seemed very excited" he smiled.

=

The waiter led me to the table and Harper looked up from her phone and yelled "happy early birthday!". I laughed and said "charlotte...my birthday is in two weeks". She jumped up and embraced me in a tight hug. I laughed and she whispered " I know but I was way too excited to wait to give you your gift". We both sat down and Charlotte ruffled through her bag. She pulled out a small box with a beautiful red ribbon placed perfectly in the center of the white box. She handed it to me and smiled "open it" she said. It made me slightly sad to undo the beautiful ribbon but I was slightly intrigued to see what the box held inside of it.

=

Inside of the box was a slightly professional black camera that I had been wanting for forever. "Oh my god" i exclaimed "how did you know I wanted this?". "It's my job to know everything about you" she laughed. "Take a picture of all the important things that will happen in your life". I turned it on and was marveled at all of the different controls. It came with a strap to go around my neck and on the side it read "Canon" , it honestly was the perfect gift. I got up and hugged her." Thank you so much".

=

We sat back down and she said " so what's new?". Nothing was new in my life, it was as boring as a turtle is slow. I did have one thing on my mind though. I had saw this cute boy who worked at this vintage shop around the corner from my apartment. I didn't know anything about him though besides the fact that he worked there. While in the middle of deep thinking Charlotte said " um Harper" slightly startled I jumped and said "oh..I'm ....uh yeah?" "You haven't responded to me and you've been quite for the past like thirty seconds" she said. "Oh sorry" i exclaimed. " what's up with you?" I said. "I'm giving Connor another try..." She muttered quietly and then quickly taking a sip of her drink."use your words Charlotte"I said "I'm giving connor another try!" She exclaimed."What?! He cheated on you!" I yelled. "Quite down were in a restaurant! Plus I forgave him". I sighed "he's no good for you but...I guess it's your choice whether or not you love him". "I knew you would support me harp!" I laughed and said " why don't we take a picture to remember this moment?" "Of course" she said .she laughed and I took out my camera and took a picture. "Now I can remember this moment forever". She smiled.