Chapter 2: Nothing is easy

The nightmares only got worse, each one more real than the last one, each night is full of screaming and crying. Dream had to start sleeping in my room so he could calm me down. Because of this I haven't got much sleep, I have been too scared to fall asleep, I often fall asleep during the day. I was out with MH in the farm, I was picking the carrots, Dream was at the wheat when I couldn't keep myself standing anymore. I dropped to the ground, everything was burly and all the noises were muddled, like I was under water. I could hear Dream yelling but I couldn't make out what he was saying, I tried to get up but I was too weak and tired to even push myself up. Everything went black after I felt myself being left up.

I opened my eyes to be surrounded by black, it wasn't dark, just black. I could see my hands in front of my face, I looked around but there was nothing. I walked a bit hoping to find a way out but there was nothing, absolutely nothing. I started to get scared and worried, where am I? Where is Dream and MH?

"Don't be afraid, child. you're safe." I jumped at the soft woman's voice, I looked around to see where the voice was coming from, but I couldn't see anyone.

"Where are you? Who are you? Where am I?"

"Now, now, let's not rush. I can't tell you who I am or where I am, but I can tell you where you are." I was getting impatient and frustrated, I wanted to go home.

"Then tell me!" I yelled out

"You are in your mind, a place where only you go." Yup, that makes total sense, that tells me everything. Just perfect.

"If you have something to say, then say it." I froze up a bit, I chuckled nervously.

"Can you tell me how to get out here? Please?" It was quiet for a minute but then she spoke.

"Yes, but first I need to tell you something, these dreams have a purpose, I'm sure you can figure it out."

"Excuse me, what? Can you be a little less cryptic and shit?" But she never answered, soon I was alone. What a minute, she never told me how to leave! I was scammed! But as soon as I thought that I woke up. I shot upward and looked around, I was back in my room, I signed out of relief. My door opened slightly, a smiley white mask peeked into my room, Dream opened up the door and walked into my room. He took a seat in a chair that was next to my bed, he had a small smile.

"This is the first time you've slept without waking up crying, that has to be a good sign." I didn't say anything, the voice warning was ringing through my head, I slightly wondered to myself if I should tell Dream.

"What's wrong?" I looked over to Dream, even though he makes mistakes and has lied to me, I can trust him, I know I can. So I told him everything, he was listening intently. Nodding his head to let me know that he was still there, after I was finished he didn't say anything, he was quiet for a while. Then he spoke

"You need to tell about these nightmares, all of the things you can remember. If there is a way to stop them, then we need to find out." I nodded, I got out of bed and over to my desk, I picked up a book and a quill. I was going to write down all my nightmares then read them to Dream, but when I was writing, I realized what we need to do. Oh for fuck sake

I was sitting in my room reading a book, Tommy was in his room writing down his nightmares, but from what I remember when the first told me about his first nightmare, I have a feeling we might need to go back. Now this wouldn't be a big problem if I wasn't wanted dead in that country, so going back there might be hard to do without dying. I lean back into my chair, nothing can be easy, not for one second. I got up and grabbed my cloak, I went to Tommy's room, I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I open the door to see Tommy packing up a bag.

"Where are you going?" He looked up at me, he smiled.

"I could ask you the same, but we both know where we are going." I sigh, I left his room and went to go pack my bag, I made sure I had everything that is needed. We met down stairs by the door, I walked over to where MH is and opened his fance. Tommy put a bag on him that was full of things for MH, there was no way we were leaving him alone. We walked until we were at the edge of the forest, I looked over to Tommy, he had bags under his eyes but beside that you wouldn't guess that he was tired.

"Ready?" Tommy took in a deep breath, and smiled.

"Nope." With that we left our home to go back to a place where I want's wanted, we were going back to L'manburg. The walk was long and hard but we didn't stop, if Tommy's nightmare is true or can come true then we are so fucked, along the whole trip I was thinking on what to do, where to go, who we can trust. Some things can change in a couple months, so maybe they aren't looking for me anymore but as if the world wanted to prove me wrong we came across a wanted post with my face on it, nice. I looked over Tommy, I could see the nervousness on his face, he wasn't the only one who was feeling uneasy, he laughed a little.

"Well shit, that's actually a good drawing of you. I mean they even got your scares." He pulled down the picture and shoved it in his pocket, I raised my eyebrow even though I had my mask on.

"For the scrapbook!" He said happily, I started to laugh.

"You brought the scrapbook? Why?" I laughed through my words, he shrugged and continued walking.

"I mean, why not? It would be something to do when you are back with the fox-I mean Fundy." I felt my face heat up a little as I started to walk with him, I shook my head.

"You are so stupid." I put up my cloak hoodie, he only rolled his eyes.

"Well if I'm stupid then you must be a rock." I looked at him, I can see him walk a little faster.

"Why you little-" He started to run, I didn't hesitate to run after him, I heard a moo as MH ran ahead of me, I picked up my pace as Tommy left his feet off the ground.

"Hey! That's not fair, I can't fly!" Tommy turned around and stuck out his tongue, oh he is so going to get it! But when I caught up with him he wasn't smiling or laughing. He was looking over a hill, I looked to where he was looking. It was L'manburg, the nice wooden houses were replaced with gray stone ones, the water was gone, all of the grass and trees around it were gone. It looked dead.

"Wow....what happened?" I shrugged.

"I wish I could tell you cato...." He didn't say anything about the nickname this time, we were both in awe struck with the country.

"Welp, what now?" Tommy asked,

"We find George and Sapnap." 

Ayyyeee!! Another chapter, pog! Hope you enjoy this chapter, school is starting this week so updates might be slow, sorry about that. If I could use all my time writing this, I would. Also one more thing, Q/A, leave some questions for Dream, Ghostinnit, Tubbo and anyone who have been the in books so far (Even some for me, if you like ^^) -Cotton <3