𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

Jo's outfits ^^

"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."
— Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice (A/N: I'm currently rereading this and it is my all-time favorite. Mr. Darcy is such a mood.)

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

As soon as she landed, Luke called Jo telling her that he is waiting for her at Baggage Claim. When they got off their flight, Jo told Rory she would see her back in town and said goodbye to Paris. With excitement to see Luke, Jo rushed to the baggage claim. She spotted him with his baseball cap and flannel.

"Uncle Luke!" She shouted in excitement as she ran to him and jumped in his arms. She didn't know how much she would miss him until she was in D.C.

Wrapping his arms around her, Luke laughed at her childishness. "Hey, Josie." He said embracing her before she pulled away. "How was your summer with a bunch of old politicians?"

"I saw a naked fat man on the street of the White House!" She beamed.

Luke's made a disgusted face. "And that is why we don't do drugs." He said making Jo chuckle. "Come on, let's get your bags. Jess is waiting for us at the diner." After saying that, he noticed Jo's smile falter a bit before she nodded and walked to the carousel that had her bag. "So I'm guessing you haven't talked to Jess over the summer?" Luke said pulling up her suitcases of the belt and onto the floor.

Jo avoided looking at him. "Why would I?" She scoffed up her breath. "Things are finally looking good for me and I don't need his negativity to ruin that."

Luke nodded understanding her reason. "I understand, Josie. But he did what he thought was the best for him. At the end of the day that is what all of us are trying to do."

She raised her brows not expecting him to say that. Deciding against continuing this conversation she was no longer sure how she felt about it, she changed the topic.  "I think your wisdom is starting to catch up to your aging." She said with a teasing smile. Luke rolled his eyes at her but his lips twitched up. Not that he would say it out loud, he was glad Lizzy sent Jo and Jess. It gave him a purpose. They gave him a purpose, a family.

❀❀❀

On the drive to Star Hollow, Jo pondered over Luke's words. Was Jess doing what was best for him? Or what was in his environment as a kid? All Jo knew was that she missed her twin brother dearly. He is the only person in this world that knew her like the back of his hand. The only person she would anything for. When they drove into the town, Jo promised to herself that she wouldn't push him away if she sees that he is changing how he had been acting.

"Home sweet home." She said as she looked over all the townspeople celebrating the summer festivities.

"Unfortunately, our home is a cuckoo's nest." Luke grumbles lightly as he pulled up to the dinner. Jo rolls her eyes, excitement of seeing Nathan brewing in the pits of her stomach as she steps out of the car. "Go ahead, I will bring up your suitcase."

Jo nodded and went into the diner happy to be home. She walked in getting several welcomings from the customers that were regulars. She thanked them before going up to the apartment. Upon entering she was met with her brother reading on the couch. When he saw her enter he quickly stood up, completely nervous.