Ch 5: MOTHER.

Skyler's POV🎱

Support group was great.

Cameron clicked with Charlie.

She and Sydney talked a lot and ended up exchanging numbers.

I asked her to the movies.

It was perfect.

But as soon as we got home, everything went to shit.

"Where the fuck were you!?" My dad slurred at me and Char.

"Charlie go to your room." I started to push her up the stairs when my dad grabbed me.

"I said. Where. The fuck. WERE YOU!!" He firmly grasped my arm. I literally pushed Charlie up the stairs and got into my dad's face.

"I went to support group. I got dinner for me and Charlie. I got you something. We came home. You are fucking drunk. Please, simmer down, and go to bed." I could feel myself gritting my teeth.

My dad burped in my face, hiccuped, and started laughing. "Fuck you. You stupid depressed little mother fucking disgrace." I pushed him down the few stairs he was on.

I regretted it as soon as I did it.

Dammit. "Dad, Im sorry. Please don-" I felt a stinging feeling in my jaw. I wasn't looking at my dad anymore, I was leaned against the wall. I knew now there was nothing I could do.

"Say you ar-" hiccup. "Sorry." My dad growled. I sighed and said I was sorry, faking forgiveness.

He laughed again and just about fell over. I knew I needed to take care of him.

I took a deep breath, brought him to his room, put him in bed, and left his dinner on his nightstand telling him what all happened.

I hope he felt guilty in the morning.

I walked back to my room to find Charlie pacing throughout it. She snapped her head up to me and wrapped her arms around my torso.

"I should've stayed," She buried her face in my chest. "I could've stopped him" She sobbed loudly. "I could've taken a hit Sky."

I made her look at me. "Charlie as long as you live here I will make sure you never get hit by that worthless piece of shit." Hot tears formed in my eyes but I blinked them away. "I won't let him hurt you." Tears fell down her face. Not soon after a few clouded my sight and I let them fall from my face.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" She was so quiet I could barley hear it.

"Of course Char. It'll be okay." I let go of her and she crawled into my bed. I did the same.

She hugged me. "I don't know why he's like this."

I sighed. "I honestly don't know either Char. All I know is, we can move out once you are eighteen."

Her eyes bulged. "You're not moving out?" I shook my head. "Why not?"

I looked at her. "Someone has to look out for you and we both know he won't." She gave me a sad smile and closed her eyes.

Before I knew it, I was asleep, ignoring the throbbing pain in my jaw.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sydney's POV✌️

Once I got home from support group I did my homework and I was out like a light as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I woke up Sunday morning with a text from Charlie. Ever since Friday when I met her I met her at support group, we've been talking nonstop. Luckily we didn't have school that day because of some weird teacher thing.