Intro Pt.1

Trixie P.O.V.

The stars. They have been used for maps for many centuries.

People use them for many things. Why give credit to a burning bright ball of gas you say? Well, the answer is simple really. Because they give us hope.

They help us realize that no matter what, we can make it out alive. This is the story of how the stars changed the fate and delivered power like no other.

There is an old legend here in the town of Boulder, CO. It says that the stars choose a select two out of the millions on earth and grant them the ability to see and feel for others.

If you had told me when I was younger that I would be one of the selected, I would have told you to stop giving me hope. Little did I know that even though I am one, my life would not be all puppy dogs and rainbows.

My name is Trixie Royal Vancouver. My condition is like none other seen to man.

I have the ability to feel the pain of other's emotions as well as here their doubtful thoughts.

For example, if you were to be thinking about you being useless, I would hear you and also see what memories made you think that. Sadly though many people have thoughts like this, making it grueling and painful for me.

And if you were to be sad and crying or feeling any type of emotion, you would give off a type of Ora that would shoot to my brain and give me your emotion is a type of sickness.

Anger- stomach ache
Happiness- heart pain
Depression/sadness/doubtfulness etc.- migraine
Jealousy- earache
Pride- dizziness
Security- hand cramp
Lust- nose bleed
Self-conscience- pain in my collar bone
Tiredness- pain in my neck

And the worst part is, since I have all of this ability, I can not tell which emotions are really mine. All my problems started on one fateful night, when my life as I knew it, was ripped away.

I sat there at the window looking out. In my lap lied the book I was studying. It was an astronomy story, a legend here. It was a story of two people who should be able to leave life behind and start anew.

My parents had forbidden me to read such nonsense, but as a twelve years old high schooler, it really piqued my interest.

I was always made fun of for my age.

I was small and not very stunning. I had thin but long black hair, to my waist to be specific. And my eyes are dark blue.

I was always treated differently than my other brothers. For some reason my mother and father I'd stuff to me that they didn't do to my brothers.

Just this very night I would learn why I was treated differently than my brothers.

I heard a light knock on my door. "Knock, knock. It's mommy." I heard my mom say through the door.

"Come in," I said, laying my book to the side.

"Daddy wants to see you in his office, it's his special time." She said smiling at me and walking in.

I immediately backed away slightly into the safety of my bed.

"Go on now, don't keep him waiting. He is in the study on the fifth floor." She said, her smile turning into a scowl.

"Yes, momma..." I said standing to my feet.

"Good little angel. You are much better than your attitude dear." She said, and with that, she was gone.

"I don't want to go..." I said to myself as tears began to fill my eyes. I walked up the stairs and stopped in front of the study door.

"Just breathe Trix, you're much better than this. You are not defined by others' opinions of you. You hold your own and don't need these pompous over-stimulated men taking care of you." I said closing my eyes and holding my chin up.