The Storm Rages On

Shit.

Halfway into my journey home, I caught him out of the corner of my eye. Slippery bastard thought I wouldn't notice, thought he was in my blind spot. Still dense as a piece of driftwood.

His black hair is slicked back from the rain, his stubble dripping wet. His clothes stick to him like seaweed clings to the shore, emphasizing his muscular frame. His dark jeans have been pelted by the rain, his navy dress-shirt plastered to his chest, the top three buttons intentionally left undone, his fist clenches his charcoal-colored raincoat trying to keep it closed.

Fuck.

He spots me and a devilish smirk takes hold of his rugged face. He quickens his pace, lengthens his stride. He's coming toward me.

Fucking shit.

I try to slither my way down the alley but he's quicker than I suspected and suddenly I feel myself being pressed against a brick wall. Now we're face to face and that smug smile is all I see. He speaks and that booming voice rattles my ears. He tries to make a suggestive joke, a pick-up line using "snake-charmer." He laughs, I don't.

...

"Come on Gorgo..." coos Poseidon, "... for old time's sake."

He tries to reach for me, his hand outstretched, longing to take a strand of my hair and twirl it in between his fingers just as he did the first time we met. A low, guttural growl is all it takes to make him reconsider coming any closer.

"Oh come now..." he teases, "Remember the fun times we had. The sun... the sand..."

"No means no." I huff, "Go back to your puddle."

"There's no need to be rude." he whines, feigning a look of offense.

"Believe me Fishbreath, this is me being nice." I hiss, feeling my fangs start to protrude from my gums, licking the tips with my tongue.

"Just one little dip in the water is all I ask."

He knows his words are triggering me and is getting off on it. He expects me to freeze just like I did then, to give into the fear that rose in my belly during our awful encounter. He's waiting for me to surrender again, waiting for me to close my eyes to it all and suffer the consequences.  

Stheno taught me that anger comes from within, it buries itself deep inside you, makes a home in the pit of your stomach. It lingers and boils, readying itself for the day it can be released. You let it simmer for as long as you can, bottle it up nice and tight, feed it every now and then to make it stronger. Then when you are ready, when you can't hold it in any longer, you let it out. You let it all out.

I lunge at him, knocking him onto the rain-slicked pavement, his face a mixture of surprise and betrayal. Getting on my knees, straddling him, I punch him as hard as I can. I howl in fury, calling on Euryale to carry my cries. Unrelenting with each blow to his bloodied and beaten face, I dig my nails into his flesh, feeling an orgasmic rush with every whimper and cry of pain. 

"Mercy." he pleads, just like I had done.

Earth-shaker they call you. Master of the seas. And yet here you are, beneath me, lying on your back, taking wave after wave of my fury. Drown in my rage, my anger, my hatred. 

My sisters called me Queen. Now it is your turn to bow before me.

His head bobs back and forth in a daze, his eyes struggling to focus as they begin to swell and bruise. His wheezing, struggled gasps for air is music to my ears as he begins to cough up blood. 

I lean forward, my eyes roaming his battered form. Is this how I looked when he ravaged me? 

A mixture of blood and sweat drips from his forehead and trickles down his jawline and the beast in me hungers for a taste. Breathing in the delicious scent, I let my tongue travel along the side of his face, reveling in the sweet taste of iron and salt.

"You'll pay for this!", his words nothing more than a defeated utterance. 

I laugh as I push myself off of him.

What more could the gods have in store for me that I haven't already suffered through? If mighty Zeus himself wanted to leap from his lofty clouds and strike me down, let him. I dare him!

Let them all come for me, I thought. The fury of all the gods is no match for my rage.