foreword

the unknowns • foreword

• • •

epigraph

i can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. i think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong. if we will only allow that, as we progress, we remain unsure, we will leave opportunities for alternatives. we will not become enthusiastic for the fact, the knowledge, the absolute truth of the day, but remain always uncertain... in order to make progress, one must leave the door to the unknown ajar.

richard p. feynman

• • •

synopsis

If you asked Grace how she was feeling, she wouldn't be able to describe it to you.

Her thoughts were knots in her mind she couldn't undo: feelings she wanted to verbalize, emotions she wanted to release, tears she wanted to shed, confusion she wanted to clear—all she wanted to do but couldn't. Everything felt foreign to her. No longer was she a put-together college student with a promising future; she became a lost, doubtful college graduate despite her credentials.

Filled with confusion and fear where everything is unknown, Grace's only wish is to escape the uncertainty and return back to normal. But even normal, now, is also unknown.

• • •

cast

grace huang | song yuqi

grayson zhang | wang yibo

• • •

playlist 

1 | falling - harry styles

what if i'm someone i don't want around?

im falling again.

2 | blue and grey - bts

i just wanna be happier

차가운 날 녹여줘 (t/n: to melt the cold me)

3 | just be me - henry

tell me why i never did it for me

imma just be me

4 | only human - wayv

每当孤寂时怀疑我是谁 (t/n: whenever i'm lonely i doubt who i am)

现实阻挡着我无法进退 (t/n: reality blocks me and i'm unable to advance or retreat)

5 | we'll be fine - ren

you'll be fine i'll be fine everything is alright

僕らは繋がってるから (t/n: because we are connected)

6 | i'm the greatest - taeyeon

誰に何を 言われようと (t/n: anyone can say anything)

これがあたし (t/n: this is me) i'm the greatest

• • •

note

this is a short story where i hope to dig into some deep, relatable, and raw emotions. i guess you'll be the judge to whether or not i have succeeded. thank you for opening this book despite the millions of others you could have chosen to click on and read. i hope you enjoy.

100% this is imperfect, but it felt right given the setting/mood...(?) at the end of the day, i hope this story does/mean something to you. :)

• • •