Blind-Sided | Jisoo Kim

Genre The classic friends-to-enemies-to-lovers trope because who doesn't love it?

A/N This is a very old imagine from the depths of my vault and at the time I had started rewatching Suits so it was heavily inspired by it. I am no lawyer so all of this knowledge is from the show.

~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~

7 DAYS TIL D-DAY

"It's only been a few days since that she-devil returned from the depths of hell and she already thinks she runs this firm."

"Jennie, how many times have I told you this, she's the co-founder, she has every right to act like she runs the firm." You sighed but leaned down to continue in a teasing tone, "Also, don't compare her to the devil, that's only a poor insult to you."

"Excuse me Y/N but I am a godsent angel and you and my several million-dollar clients can vouch for me."

The shorter distinguished lawyer smirked from your left side, arms crossed as you both eyed the girl in subject who had been roaming the halls all day. Her black stilettos clicked as she pulled up the lapels of her sleek Hugo Boss blazer and patted down her white Dior blouse to a crisp.

Jisoo Kim, the former number one lawyer of Pearson Kim, the most respected law firm in the entirety of Manhattan. Clients loved her, and employees both adored and wanted to be her but you and Jennie? You both knew her long enough to know that it was just a façade. She's been known to play dirty and you've resented her for it.

During her sudden leave of absence during those oh-so joyful years ago, you had taken up the mantle of number one as per Mr Park's (the firm's original owner) request. You were thrilled, of course, having one-upped your rival once again. However, Mr Park still kept her name on the wall, having it tail after yours as a courtesy and definitely not because you convinced him not to put it in alphabetical order.

And that was how Pearson Kim was born.

Much to your dismay, after getting news of Jisoo's return you knew your sacred period of peace and tranquillity would be ruined. She's always wanted to rule this firm and it showed when she challenged you to a vote for managing partner after charming her way to have everyone question your leadership.

As a corporate lawyer, she's smart and headstrong but as competition, she's a snake and likes to ensure things are in her favour.

"You know Y/N..."

Jennie waltzed to the end of your office and made herself comfortable in your chair, causing you to raise a brow at her shenanigans, "We need to do something about this partner's meeting. Jisoo's kind chivalry is going to crush us if we don't act fast."

"And what do you suppose we do Ms Kim?" You answered back carefully, settling yourself cross-legged on your leather couch seeing as though Jennie wasn't going to give up your throne any time soon.