I know I miss you | Rosé

《Genre》Angsty oops

《A/N》So I finally listened to Taylor's folklore and I am in love with the trilogy so if any of you know what I'm talking about, I'm sorry--

(So anyway, Happy late Birthday to this beautiful and pure queen :D)

~•~•~•~•~•~

The worst thing that Rosé has ever done?

It wasn't when she purposely skipped church with Alice and Ashley to go on an impromptu road trip with her friends.

Or the time she lied to her parents and told them she was having a study sleepover but ended up drinking her liver away at Jennie's party on a school night.

No, it wasn't any of that.

The worst thing that Rosé ever did, was what she did to you.

So here lies the everlasting bitter story of the mistake that proved everyone right. That your relationship was indeed doomed from the start. The story of how your heart ultimately crumbled upon the suffocating weight of Rosé's inability to understand how to properly act on her own feelings.

Crushes are crushes.

But relationships are meant to be taken seriously.

So why didn't Rosé do that?

Why didn't she take you seriously?

Why didn't she realise she loved you before it was too late?

[track 2: cardigan]

She's beautiful under the stars. Angelic features tinted with a rosy red blush thanks to the cold, autumn breeze. The ancient celestial bodies don't even compare to her, no matter how bright they shine. Blonde hair is interwoven within the tall grass and eyes brown like a forgotten whiskey at a downtown bar are distracted by their predecessors.

Rosé's eyes must have been reincarnated from the stars themselves, painting the midnight sky above you. They had to be. Both are just so encouraging and so radiant and so out of your reach.

You think they expose hidden truths when they stare at you from time to time, flicking between the night and your own eyes. Actually, you know that they're telling you at least one truth. That they aren't as transparent as you desperately want them to be. As you need them to be.

Too many layers mask them. Layers of naive lust and stoic indifference.

She's not your girlfriend, you reprimand yourself every time your heart flutters a bit too hard against your chest. Every time she steals your breath in minute moments with the little things she does to make you fall in love with her even more.

Love is such a confusing concept at 17. You're on the brink of adulthood but at the same time, you're just not there yet. You're not old enough or experienced enough to let the universal feeling grasp and take hold of you and because of that, you have absolutely no idea how to deal with it. Teenage love and teenage relationships are terrible and risky and in general, they're all of the above. They're a train wreck bound to leave unforgettable scars in its wake.