Venti x Goddess - Prankesters (Fluff)

Cold air brushed your cheeks as you opened your eyes to see the sun rising .
It was yet another peaceful day . Though you could see a certain white hue disappear around the corner of your left eye .
" You can't fool me Barbatos , i already know that you're there."

He popped up from behind a small bundle of clouds and grinned .
" Good morning lady Cloud . You look more ravishingly fluffy than usual today ."

Barbatos always liked to point out how your hair was after waking up . He could even sit here all day telling made up on the spot stories about your hair .

He usually teased until you had to throw your cup at him , but today Barbatos sat next to you like an obedient child and waited until you finished brewing your morning tea .

" The clouds are more dark than usual today. Are you planning on making a flood today as well ?"

Warm steam of the tea wafted up into the air and travelled away with the wind , blending into the other clouds below you .

" Not today , but tomorrow. Im afraid that the clouds will take some time to travel to the lands of that drunkard god of the wine ."
Barbatos excitedly flapped his wings and exclaimed .
" I can help them travel faster !"
He then proceeded to use his power to blow the dark clouds further away .
" A bit slower Barbatos. The tea is flying into my face ."

Barbatos laughed.
" No way ! We have to get the clouds there before noon . The drunkard is throwing a feast today !"

You didn't mind having fun as long as Barbatos was around. Your reputation as the goddess of evilness was all thanks to his idea of bringing drought to the gods who were being quite entitled with themselves and had to beg for your permission to access of rain .

By the time you two reached your destination, it was already noon .
" Mind joining me on my lunch ? I'll make an apple pie as desert ."

He immediately nodded yes and prepared to glide down to the ground.

You did as well . Barbatos was waiting for you by a big tree that could block the rain during the flood .
" Do you think the god of wine would come to battle me after this ?"

Barbatos smiled . " He probably won't be able to even touch you my lady . I will protect you , so do not fret about small things like that ."
He wouldn't know about how small remarks and promises like that would mean so much to you .

The rain was pouring and the misty air tingled your skin . Barbatos silently sat by your side and drank his tea that you brew .
You sunk into his shoulder and closed your eyes wishing you could forever experience this addicting euphoria.

" Thank you ."

Sorry to the one who requested this oneshot . Without specific details i probably didn't write whatever you wanted but i tried my best to make it make sense in my half sleep state in 4 am in the morning . Love ya ❤︎