Chapter Four: No Second Chances

I walked into the safe house and Nixson walked up to me and pulled me out the door right after I had shut it. "Where the hell were you?!" He yelled in anger. 

"Out," I said briskly and rudely.

"Wow, that sure does explain a hell of a lot," He laughed sarcastically.

"I think it did," I scoffed.

"What happened to you? You used to be so vibrant and happy all the time," He said sadly.

"Three years with someone who doesn't respect you does that to a person," I chuckled half-heartily.

"I don't respect you? I used to respect you but then you changed Kelly," He said. 

"No! I've been the same person I've been since I found out who I was! God, you're so self-centered that you don't even see just how far your head is shoved up your own ass!" I screamed. I barely got my sentence out when my cheek got warm and started to tingle. I looked up at him in shock. 

"Oh. My. God. Kelly, honey, I'm so sorry," He said his wide rimmed with tears.

"Don't," I said and walked inside. 

"Kelly?" Danile said as I walked in. 

"Nixson... hit me..." I trailed off and went to my room and locked the door. I never thought he'd lay a hand on me in a way that wasn't us being together. He was my best friend and who I thought was my soul mate, but I guess soul mates care about you and respect you. How am I supposed to live with him? How do I-

       "Kelly!" My thoughts were broken by the sounds of the gang yelling. I ran down the steps and saw half the guys with guns trained on Nixson.

"What's going on?!" I yelled in the middle of the living room.

"He fucking hit you! That's not cool, not only because he's a guy but you're his girlfriend!" Jeark (Jair-k) yelled looking back at me.

"That doesn't mean kill him! It just means that I won't be here as often and we aren't a couple anymore," I said sternly.

"You're breaking up with me?!" Nixson exclaimed.

"Do you really have to ask?" I scoffed.

"What the hell girl?" He asked moving towards me but was stopped by five different guns.

"You fucking hit me," I said calmly.

"It was once!" He yelled.

"That's what they all say and I'm not dealing with it," I said and started walking back upstairs and stopped. "You guys can do whatever you please with his sorry ass," I said and continued walking when I stopped again. "Oh, Just don't kill him," I chuckled and went to my room and fell asleep.