Chapter Three: Meeting the Head Honcho

We finally got to the safe house as we call it and I walked in and every jumped up and hugged me. "We thought you were a goner," Alison cried hugging me tighter. 
"You really think you guys can get rid of me that easy?" I laughed and hugged her back. 

"How do you feel?" Jake asked with worry written all over his face. 

"I feel alright, my head hurts like a bitch though," I laughed and hugged him. 

"You scared the shit out of us," He said tears starting to fall. 

"I didn't mean to," I said quietly. 

"Hey, cheer up and eat this cake Mikey made," Caleb said with a huge ass grin and handed me a piece of cake. 

"I love you guys," I said with a smile and then proceeded to shovel cake into my mouth. 

"We love you too," They all replied in unison. We all sat down and talked about we were going to do about this. 

"They can't just up and attack us in the middle of school. We are all going to get in a shit ton of trouble," Alison said darkly. 

"Don't worry about it, I've got it all under control," I smiled. 

"Oh hell no! You are not, no. Not a chance in hell Kelly," Nixson said angrily. 

"I can handle my shit Nix," I said standing up. 

"I don't care, I'm not taking the chance of losing you," He said tears filling his eyes. 

"You won't lose me Nix, You have to have faith in me that I can do this." I said walking up to him. 

"It's not that I don't have faith it's that I don't want to lose the person I love the most," He said tears finally falling. I had never seen him cry before. I grabbed him into a hug and was at loss for words.

"You will never lose me Nix, even in death," I said and looked him in the eyes. 

"She's not leaving here until she's better and she's not allowed to fight at all for three weeks," Do you hear me?!" He yelled pushing me aside. 

"What the fuck!" I yelled furiously. "Fuck you Nixson, I can handle this. I can fight in a few days and I can leave as I please. You do NOT own  me!" I yelled and slammed the door shut as I walked out. 

All this is bullshit. I can what I please. I'm hurt not incapable of being my own person and doing things I normally do like going to school and visiting people. I will not be confined to that house. I love them to death but they can't control me. I thought bitterly. By the time I gathered my thoughts I was at the park. The only neutral place that the gangs had. "Are you okay?" A guy with deep hazel eyes and dark brown asked as he walked up to me and sat down on the swing beside mine. 

"Yeah, just thinking is all," I said with a smile. 

'About what? It seems to have you pretty upset," He said returning the smile. 

"Nothing important. My boyfriend is just being an asshol," I laughed. 

"I'm Charles but you can call me Charlie," He said holding out his hand.

I took his hand in mine and shook it. "I'm Kelly," I said with a nice smile. 

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you. Would you wanna take a walk with me? We can get to know each other better where it's not getting so cold," He asked with slight chuckle. 

"Sure," I said and got up. We started walking and just kind of chit chatting. Before I knew it an hour had passed. We were at a cafe and he opened the door. 

"It's warm in here and I'll buy you a drink to warm you up being as you don't have a jacket," He said smiling. I walked in the aroma instantly filled my nose. "Here," He said and pulled the chair out for me. I was honestly stunned. No one had ever been such a gentleman, not even Nixson and we've been together for three years. "What kind of muffin and drink would you like?" He asked with a giant smile.

"Uhm... Banana nut and hot chocolate," I said smiling and handed the tiny menu to the waitress and smiled. He looked a her and ordered the same. 

"Banana nut is my favorite," He laughed. 

"Mine too," I chuckled. We laughed and talked some more and ate our food while sipping on the extremely hot hot chocolate. I looked at my phone which I had put on silent after I lefted the house and saw 14 missed calls and 27 texts from NIxson. 

"I'll walk you home if you'd like," He said once we were done. 

"Really?" I asked surprised. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I? It's dark out and you're a lady. Why would I let you walk home alone?" He said confused. 

"No one has ever been so nice or done so much for me," I said honestly. 

"Not even your boyfriend?" He asked confused. 

"Nixson isn't really into that kind of thing," I said sadly. 

"Nixson Walters...?" He asked like he was worried. 

I just staired at him. "You're Kelly Martin aren't you?" He asked slowly. 

"Yeah...." I trailed. 

"Alright," He said. "Are you ready?" He asked his voice and body language changing completely. 

"Yeah..." I said trailing off again still highly confused. 

"Good," He said with a smile and put his jacket over my shoulders and opened the door. He walked me to the door and placed a kiss on my cheek. "I'm sure we will see each oher again soon," He said with a smile. 

"Tomorrow in the park at 6?" I asked hopeful. 

"Alright, tomorrow at 6 in the park it is," He said with a huge smile. I went to hand him his jacket and he sipped it up on me. "Hold on to it for me," He said smiling and walking away. 

                Author's Note:

I hope you guys like this cahpter as much I liked writting it :3 Have a great day/night I love you guys <3

                                                                Love, 

                                                                               Abby <3