.05 Eyes Closed

The skys grey, covered in hundreds of clouds, rays of sunshine managing to escape the darkness and shine out onto the green lands of the city.

We've been driving for about an hour at least and I couldn't help but feel anxious and stress. All I wanted was a family but why all of a sudden did they want me back? Why did they give me up the first time?

"Your awfully quiet back there mistress." The driver said breaking the silence.

"Sorry, just stressed."

"You don't have to worry. The Hitachiin estate is very safe, and you won't be alone there with the maids and servants."

"So, whats it like there?" I asked curious, leaning over the seat, peeking my head over.

"Miss Hitachiin is a hard worker just like Mr. Hitachiin, and if I may be honest for a moment?"

"Uhh sure."

"Her kids are a handful." The driver cringed a little.

"I have siblings?" I couldn't believe it.

"Hai. Hikaru and Kaoru and Ageha."

I had nothing to say. What could I say? My stomach had knots and I was even more anxious now.

Shortly after we pulled up to this massive house, a mansion? This place is crazy! There had to be a thousand windows, the gardens were full of color and life and I was in awe.

"We're here mistress. "

"Uh, okay." I grabbed some bags and pets and started walking up.

"Sooooo, is this a hotel?" I asked curious, there was no way this was a house.

"Nope, this is the home."

I zipped my lip and looked like a dumb poor person... wait...

I am poor...

"Ms. Hitachiin." The driver bowed and opened the door for me.

It was like a scene from a movie. The interior of the house was like sobering in the front cover on a magazine. The giant abstract paintings on the walls, the plants were real...

There were more than 2 servants and maids, and everyone in uniform immediately started at me like I was a squirrel. They all smiled and bowed, the maids came up to me to introduce themselves and, holding onto my hands, smiling and chatting a storm.

So much was happening, too many people, too much noise, too much happiness, too much everything.

"Let go of me please." I mumbled.

They didn't even hear me.

They kept asking me so many questions, too the point were I couldn't hear anything anymore.

"Please, haven't you all seen a teenager before?" It was another lady in a suit. 

I looked up at her and her eyes already beat me to it.  I started to panic and hyperventilate. I pushed her aside and ran back outside. Slamming the door behind me and holding onto my head. I could feel my breathing, my pupils shaking.

Then a hand on my shoulder.

I looked over and saw the lady in the suit.

"Ms. Zephyr?" She held a hanky in her hand as an offering. I shook my head and wiped my face with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"You can do this."

"I don't think I can." I choked out.

"Who are you?"