First Blood

(Warning: After this chapter, I'm starting a second story so my time will be split. I'll be uploading slower, probably only a chapter or two per week. Also, the chapter I'm on is the hardest to write(Seven) and (Eight). They have a lot of events that I need to clear up and make sure I'm staying on track. I also need to make sure my characters don't start going bipolar, so if you're reading and you think something sounds completelly wrong, let me know, these are really rough and not edited. Since it's just me... hah, thanks)

Chapter Six

        “How long do you plan to visit me here?” Marriah scoffed as the familiar smell of male filled her-she considered it hers- library. 

        She was pressed against the frosty window, drawing pictures into the condensation. A droplet beaded on her forefinger and she flicked it towards him, “It’s getting annoying to see your face every day.”

        “I always wonder if you’ll welcome me politely, and then you open that foul mouth of yours.” Gideon crossed his legs as he sat down, dressed casually in breeches, boots and a red tunic.

        He always wore red, and it bother Marriah, “When yu get this thing off my throat, I’m sure I’ll come around. Until then, you’ll have to live with it.”

        “Very well,” Gideon stretched, lacing his fingers together and putting them behind his head, leaning back in the chair, “So, any attacks today?”

        “Nope,” Marriah continued to read, “Not since last night. I blame you.”

        “Of course you do.”

        “Maybe if I don’t look at your face, I’ll be fine.” Marriah suggested tartly, “So what do you want to know today?”

        They had a deal, Marriah would entertain the king with tales of Isage or her journey, and sometimes her personality and magic, in return, he’d make sure she got real food and kept a watch on Sarna. Marriah was feeling healthier with the frequent meals, but she had no idea whether he’d kept the other half of his bargain.

        “I want to know about Caziel.”

        That was a taboo subject, and Gideon could see her tense a moment before she slammed her book closed and tossed it angrily away. She turned back to the window and drew a swirling design, the water droplets slid away from her touch and streaked down the window in wide lines, making the image incoherent. He watched her jaw work and she brought herself to a calm place before breathing out, “What about him?”

        A faint ghost of a smile touched Gideon’s lips, “Well, I was thinking, because your mind is imprinting him on me, it must mean he’s important to you, and you said some interesting things. So, maybe if you talk about what happened, you’re attacks will stop.”

        “Wishful thinking,” The druid rubbed at her itchy neck, nails scratching at the collar absently, “You’ve been leading up to this, haven’t you?”

        “You said you haven’t had an attack today, so I think it’s a good time to start.”

        Marriah eyed his in her peripheral vision, anxiety at the corners of her mind and her lip was pulled between her teeth. Is was uncanny how similar his eye color was, and it always made her heart ache, and she wanted to reach out and brush the loose strands of ebony hair that fell in front of them. To keep from doing just that, her hands had now clasped together in her lap, drawing discarded on the cold glass, “Fine, but, if I freak out, we won’t speak of this topic ever again. Prom-”