prologue

"𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢'𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞."

"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞"

"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞"

TW- mentions of verbal abuse, please let me know if there is anymore triggers<3

another thing- i do not know if this is an actual prologue, but i decided to make it this way:)

crying, alyssa flipped over to her side on her bed. her sister was finally saving her from her abusive, mentally, parents. just before she got the call from her sister on the house phone that she would move in with her, her father started cursing at her, for no reason at that. her fathers words were and had been sinking in her head for the 18 years that she has been alive, and it was taking a toll on her. she was glad that her sister was saving her from this hell hole that she used to call home, the home wasn't a home to her anymore, it was like a jail cell. never being allowed to leave home, never being allowed to go out with friends, never being allowed to have a boyfriend, never being allowed to have people over, the list could go on and on of rules that she couldn't break or else she could be abused again, not verbally this time. she was scared all the time, a fear that she would do something wrong and be hurt, but now, she was going to be safe. she was going to be free, she was going to be able to do her own thing. she couldn't wait, she couldn't wait to be free.

niki would arrive in 3 days, to "visit" her parents. niki had bought one ticket to germany and 2 to go back home to england. niki was 16 when she left home, she couldn't bring alyssa sadly considering alyssa was only 11 and she knew for a fact her boyfriend, wilbur, and their family couldn't take in a 11 year old child. it may not make sense, but niki's boyfriend of 7 years had found out about the abuse that niki and alyssa were facing and immediately told his parents, where they bought a ticket for her to bring her to england. at the time, they couldn't afford 2 tickets and could barely afford taking care of niki as well. but, they all knew one day they'd save her.

alyssa always thought that one day, her parents would love her. that they would treat her how the kids got treated by their parents at school, that they would pick her up from school early just for fun. she just wanted to feel loved, by anyone, by someone. so when niki said she was finally saving her from their own parents, she felt beyond loved. someone was saving her, and she didn't even have to ask. she had been packing up stuff she had for years, for when she could get out by herself or with help, so she wouldn't have a lot of work to do when she did leave. she'd grab what she'd need for the day and put it back when she was finished, though she hid all of it in her closet for when her parents barged in for their daily word spout.

𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥 𝙩𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙣𝙞𝙠𝙞 𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨

niki's plane was landing in 2 hours, niki and alyssa's parents were going to pick her up, without alyssa. that meant alyssa had time to herself, finally, and could also pack more without her parents getting suspicious on why she was in her room for so long. alyssa didn't have much to pack, some clothes, toiletries, and her computer. she had begged her parents, at the age of 11, for the computer for school. after a lot of begging, her parents gave in, it was 7 years old but she enjoyed it because it filled her needs. niki and her were leaving in 2 days, so she kept out 2 clothes to have for the days that were left. it was sad, she had only 1 backpack of clothes and toiletries that could fit a lot more things, because her parents never  bought new clothes for her after getting a few when she grew out of the old ones. niki didn't know a lot of the things that were happening at home were a lot worse than what it was when niki was there, alyssa didn't have a lot of things that you need to live and she didn't even have a phone. at the age of 18. yes, she did ask for one, but they always said no. she barely even had access to the house phone, so it was no surprise that she didn't have a phone. but she was used to it, denying people who asked for her number, denying people who asked for any social medias, it was hard for her. she wanted to make friends, but she just couldn't, her parents wouldn't allow it. it really took a toll on her mental health, not having friends. only friend she really had was niki, and that was her sister.