🧧RULES AND CATEGORIES📜

One thing we all agree upon is that rules suck. But we have to go over them and you have to follow them... at ALL costs

1. Only English books are allowed to enter the competition.

2. Mature and LGBTQ content is welcomed.

3. Do not change the title of your book or your username after registering yourself.  We won't be able to find you and we will have no choice but to exile you from the city. 

4. All books under 25k reads are allowed to enter. Sorry but we want to give other books a chance to win and gain recognition.

5. All prizes/stickers will be emailed to the winners.

6. If you want to back out from the competition, please inform us timely so we can find a replacement. 

7. The book should at least have 5 chapters and in case of poetry, there should be at least 5 poems in your collection. We won't be judging single poems.

8. To participate you have to follow this account, add this book to your reading list and do a shout out on your account.

9. You should also follow our Instagram Account for all the updates.  https://www.instagram.com/bookcitycommunity/  or simply search bookcitycommunity

10. Following the judges is not mandatory but after they spent hour judging your stories, it is the least you can do for them.

11. If anyone is found bribing the judge we will have to disqualify them... Sorry but we can't compromise dishonesty. 

Now that we are done with the major rules let's move ahead

Now that we are done with the major rules let's move ahead. Before we go to the categories, the password is your favorite author.

The competition is divided in 3 big categories with sub categories. 

MAJOR CATEGORY

This is the genre based category. Each participant is allowed to join in 2 major categories. One book is allowed to join one category. If you are entering 2 books then each will go in a different category. The number shows the maximum entries we are accepting.

Romance [10/10] FULL!  

Fan Fiction [3/10] OPEN

Fantasy [8/10] OPEN

Action/Adventure [2/10] OPEN

Science Fiction [2/10] OPEN

Historical Fiction [1/10] OPEN

Teen Fiction [11/11] FULL!

Mystery/Thriller [5/10] OPEN

Horror/Paranormal [1/10] OPEN

Werewolf [1/10] OPEN

Humor [5] OPEN

Short Story [4/5] OPEN

Poetry [2/5] OPEN

NOTE: Judges will not be allowed in the categories they are judging.

MINOR CATEGORY

This is a smaller category. Instead of complete chapters or books we will be judging specific scenes. Each participant is allowed to join in 2 minor categories. The number shows how many entries we are accepting per category.

Best Emotional Scene [5/15] OPEN

Best Sex/Intimate Scene [5/15] OPEN

Best Kissing Scene [2/15] OPEN

Best Breakup Scene [15] OPEN

Best Fighting Scene [2/10] OPEN

Best Descriptive Scene [8/10] OPEN

Best First Chapter [11/11] FULL!

NOTE: Judges will not be allowed in the categories they are judging.

VOTING CATEGORY

This is the voting category which means it will be judged by you.  Each participant is allowed to join in only one voting category. 

Best Book Cover [10/10] FULL!

Best Book Title [4/10] OPEN

📚📚📚

So in short each participant is allowed to take part in 5 categories:

2 major

2 minor

1 voting

📃📃📃

Apart from the above categories, all the participants in all of the major categories will become part of the:

Best Book Award

Only 1 book out of all in major categories will win this award. The greatest of all award.

THE PROCESS

The process is very simple. Once the we have enough entries the judging will start. There will be only one round and then the results will be announced.

Now that you know everything, go ahead and fill that participant form in the next chapter.