📚JUDGING CRITERIA📜

Here is how you will be judged.

1. It is mandatory for all judges to follow the criteria

2. The results will be emailed to thebookcitycommunitygmail.com

3. Along with the results, judges will have to provide a small review, explaining the score they gave what went wrong. The review should 90 - 110 words max.

MAJOR CATEGORY

The total marks in this category will be 50. The book with the highest score in each category will win first place followed by second and third. In the major category, marks will be given after judging first 6-10 chapters(depending on how many chapters the book have)

FIRST IMPRESSION: [5] Score will be given on the basis of whether the title, cover, or description was able to grab your attention. Did the first chapter left a good impression and was able to gain your attention.

ORIGINALITY: [5] How original is the idea? Anything new? Is it too cliche or not? etc.

PLOT: [10] The overall story and concept. Was it interesting? How did the writer tell the story? How was the pacing of the plot? was it too fast or slow. Did it grab your interest? Any unique elements etc.

SURROUNDING: [10] The score will be given on the basis of how the writer described the setting. How good was the world-building? How good was the description? etc.

GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY: [10] Any grammatical errors? How is the vocabulary level? etc.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: [10] How is the character development throughout the plot? How are the characters? Are they relatable? Are characters being given enough attention? Relations between characters, drama, dialogue, etc.

TOTAL: 50

MINOR CATEGORY

As there will be only one chapter, the total marks will be 15. The participant with the highest score will win. There are no runner ups in this category. Only the chapter mentioned by the participants will be judged.

DOES IT FITS?: [2] Is the chapter or the particular scene fitting with the category?

HOW IS THE DESCRIPTION?: [10] No matter what minor category, how has the writer described the scene? What kind of vocabulary used? In the case of the best first chapter, does it grabs your attention? 

HOW DO YOU FEEL?: [3] Is a particular scene or chapter interesting? How does the description compare with the other entries in the category. For example in the case of the best descriptive scene, which of them is most descriptive and uses the best words.

TOTAL: 15

IN THE CASE OF A TIE IN ANY CATEGORY IT WILL BE BROKEN BY WHICH STORY USES BETTER VOCABULARY.

VOTING CATEGORY

Once the entries are full, voting will begin. The book with the most votes will win. There are no runner ups

BEST BOOK AWARD

The book with the highest score out of 50 among all major category books will win!!!