His promises • Tokito Muichiro

【6•01•2021】

『3 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
   ➤ 𝙏𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙩𝙤 𝙈𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙤 ×𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧
   ➤ 𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩
   ➤ 𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘/𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥 (𝙪𝙥 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚)
   ➤ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 176 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙨
   ➤ 𝗦𝗵𝗲/𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

『𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜  ~  𝙗𝙜𝙢』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
   𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙣 • 𝙖𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙖 (𝙛𝙩 𝙗𝙞𝙤𝙨𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚)
   00:01 ●━━━━━━─────── 1:00 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Muichiro!" A certain [hair colour]-haired girl called out. Her [favourite colour] haori fluttered with every step she took.

In response to his name called out, Muichiro turned around with a confused look evident on his face.

"Yes, [Y/N]?"

This time it was [Y/N]'s turn to have a confused expression. She furrowed her brows and pointed an accusing finger at the nonchalant boy.

"You promised to have lunch with me today! Don't tell me you forgot!" She huffed, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I did? Sorry, I forgot. I'll pay for the food." The blank-faced boy paused for a moment, searching every nook and cranny of his mind for the memory of his promise before apologizing.

"It's fine, let's go!" The moment [Y/N] heard the word 'free food' her [eye colour] eyes gleamed with excitement. Without wasting a second, she intertwined her hands with Muichiro's and dragged him off to wherever her heart (or restaurant her stomach) desired.

"So udon it is?"

"Sure."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Muichiro you forgot again!"

"Hm?"

The [hair colour]-haired girl's whine was met with an unconcerned hum.

A sigh escaped from her lips. Pushing back a strand of loose hair behind her ear, she threw a bokken towards the confused boy.

"You promised to train with me!" [Y/N] grumbled, clearly unpleased with Muichiro's horrible track record of keeping his promises.

"Oh, sorry."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Muichiro?"

"Muichiro??"

"Muichiro!"

Snapped out from his thoughts, the black-haired boy looked around his surroundings with a rather perplexed look on his face.

His blank mint eyes were met with [eye colour] concerned ones.

[Y/N] turned her head towards the direction he was looking at, trying to figure out what in the world had caught his attention to the point where he didn't respond to his name being called.

"Are you alright? You didn't respond to your name and your eyes were glazed."  The solicitous girl asked, taking a sip from her warm cup of tea.

"Yeah." He responded with a brusque reply. Yet, the way his forehead creased and lips pressed into a thin line clearly contradicted his statement.

[Y/N] knew something was wrong, and she was certain about it.

"It's about the upcoming battle with Muzan, isn't it?" Her words were carefully chosen, seemingly afraid to say more in fears of triggering him.

The moment those words left her mouth, the air grew still. Both of their expressions were visibly tensed and anxious. Only the squawks and flaps of nearby birds accompanied the intense silence.

[Y/N] stared at the reflection in her cup of tea. "Of course he's worried about that. Everyone is, especially since the battle is coming soon." She inwardly cursed at herself for pointing out the obvious.

"Mui, can you promise me something?" She hesitantly broke the silence, directing her attention from her cup of tea back to the black-haired boy.

"Yes?" Once again she received a brusque response.

"Promise me that you'll survive in the battle. Promise me you'll come back alive." Her voice quivered, her words were soft and uncertain.

Muichiro's blank eyes grew wide at her request, it certainly caught him off guard.

"Sure, you have to promise me the same."

"Yes!" [Y/N]'s eyes crinkled and a smile played at the corners of her mouth. She outstretched her hand and hooked her pinky finger with his. "I promise."

For the first time, Muichiro too had a soft smile on his face.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"[Last name]-san, please don't move! You're heavily injured!" The kakushi pleaded, [Y/N]'s blood-stained bandages were coming undone. She was in no state to fight, move even. Her body was bruised and bloodied, heaven's know how many broken bones she had.

"No! Where is Muichiro? I have to find him!" She screamed, her [eye colour] eyes evident with fear and anguish.

"[Last name]-san, please! I'm sure Tokito-san is fine, he's a pillar!" The kakushi cried out, he gently laid [Y/N] back onto the makeshift bed and continued to treat her wounds.

"But—"

Before [Y/N] could even finish her sentence, a shrill voice of a crow interrupted her.

"CAW CAW. TOKITO MUICHIRO AND SHINAZUGAWA GENYA HAVE DIED FIGHTING AGAINST UPPER MOON 1." The crow screeched out with its ear-shattering voice.

It took a moment for [Y/N] to register the words. "Muichiro? Dead? Impossible." She repeated these 3 words like a mantra, unable to believe that Muichiro is in fact dead.

"[Last name]-san, please sit back down..." The kakushi timidly said, he too was unable to believe that the mist pillar had died.

Tears shimmered in [Y/N]'s eyes, whatever efforts she put into fighting back her tears were futile. Wet lines traced across her face, an endless stream of tears rolled down her bruised face. Her eyebrows tightly knitted into each other, her lower lip trembled. Her expressions dulled, only sorrow and distress were plastered on her face.

"Damn it Mui, you promised…"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

【𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢】
➤ Wow after not posting for who knows how long I finally posted another one shot and surprise surprise it's 2021
➤ Holy crap wait it's 2021-
➤ Don't really like the pacing of this one since I feel like the scene switches are too abrupt and pointless
➤ Also I wasn't sure what song to out for the BGM so if any of y'all know any song recs hit me up 😌👉👉